1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Linux install:" wont boot

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Betatestr, May 12, 2005.

1. Betatestr

Betatestr Member

Hey im new and i have been planning on modding an xbox even before i actually got one. i found out about softmodding and im going to use it for a temp use untill my modchip comes. i have a new xbox got it in january. i tihnk its 1.6 or the "halo edition" even though it came with no halo. anyway onto my woes.

im not intrested in all the emu's or anything yet i just want something to play my back ups. so i got the smaller file "Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq"

i went out and painstakingly found the only game i could use for the softmod, mechassault. i also picked up a action replay since no one i know has one.

i put the mech save onto the action replay, plugged the card into the xbox copied it to the HDD. turned it off and took the card out. turned it back on put mechassault into the dvd drive went to campeign got the correct message and
    Controls: Normal
    Difficulty: Regular
    Current Level: Going Down Hard
    but when i press A for it to boot the screen just remains black. for a long time i thought i needed to burn an iso cd and replace it with the orginal game but no where in the tutorial talks about an iso disc and there is no iso image in the file. there are 2 files in there i didnt use "Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq.md5" and "Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq.sfv"

i hope this was enough info for someone to help me out. im really looking forward to softmodding. and i dont want my 40 bucks to go to waste Smile

thanks in advance, and i hope this is the right thread.

2. dvsdude

dvsdude Member

exact same problem... no one replyed mine either

3. Betatestr

Betatestr Member

i got it fixed, im me on aim and ill tell you what i did different. and hopefully help you if you havent fixed it yourself.

Aim sn : NintendoBt

4. victa

victa Member

Hey you guys I have another question? If I downloaded the Mechassault gamesave and when I want to transfer it to my AR screen it says not Xobox compatible then whats going on? Wheres the download I need or how do I make it compatible? Please help me out.