1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LIP SYNC PROB'S WITH PLASMA ???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by scots7777, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Carlom

Carlom Member

I just bought a Philips 42" plasma as well and have a lipsync problem when the signal is through the Digital Pace STB. Did you resolve your problem? If so how? It works fine on analog.
    I'm not really happy with picture quality either particularly on BBC2 and some of the digital channels. There seems to be slight distortion, almos like over attenuation.
    Any suggestions?

2. OneTree

OneTree Member

When you say its Ok on analog do you mean the analog vhf/uhf using the plasma's own r.f tuner? That distortion you see are video compression atrifacts. I suggest you diable all fancy line doubling, and other digital picture enhancement processing on the plasma. Set the video scans to normal or natural scan mode. What happens is that the digital processors in the tv react badly with overly compressed BBC2. You wont get these problems when playing a video as bit rate 6-8Mbps whereas BBC2 is probably running 3-4Mbps

3. Carlom

Carlom Member

Thanks: What I meant by analog is the RF directily into the Philips Plasma (bypassing the set top box). I'm getting the code to access the technical menu's today from Philips. Hopefully I can get started then. I take it you solved your issue with the steps you suggested?

Thanks for the reply.

Carlo

4. a-vman

a-vman Member

This is a common problem for new HD sets. They are doing a lot of processing now that takes up time. Higher end Audio Video Recievers like the DENON 2805 and UP have an ajustable delay to solve this problem.

5. OneTree

OneTree Member

Carlom - I managed to minimise the problem of pixelisation by restoring scan settings to normal. Audio delay when using the plasmas internat analog tuner may be taken care of internally. This delay problem can also be fixed by this device - http://www.felston.com/

6. sharmas

sharmas Member

Hi, I just bought this TV aq week ago and the contrast seems a bit messed up to me, the screen turns dark and bright intermittently as the scene changes. It gets quite annoying after a while. Has anyone else faced this same issue and can it be resolved with juggling the settings. Also, does anyone know what Active Control with or without sensor does on the TV? Thanks for your help