1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List Your Worst And Favorite Movie Of All Time

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mikey_ray, Jul 13, 2005.

1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

romero,

Perhaps you're right buddy. :) Seriously though, after the movie's over, I said it to myself that I can't believe I wasted $8 bucks for that shit.

2. mikey_ray

mikey_ray Guest

ive been thinking and best movie for me is getting narrowed down

to 10 choices

1 million dollar baby---
    2 matrix
    3 raiders of the lost ark
    4 the slaughter rule
    5 saw
    6 goonies
    7 lost boys
    8 forest gump
    9 lotr trilogy
    10-batman begins
    and for worst movie wow i still gotta think theres so many
    and just to give a hint
    fantastic four is one of them

i now i told you all to list one of each only but i love so many movies im sthinking as hard as possible

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

squizzle, Fight Club is one of my fav. also

It was a tie between "Seven" and "Fight Club" for me

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

7 was a great movie, for me it was a struggle between Fight Club and the Usual Suspects. Damn Kevin Spacey is a great actor.

5. stauf

stauf Regular member

@[bold]romero[/bold]: No, is it good?

6. ben.1

ben.1 Guest

my favs are south park the movie,happy gilmore and bad boys two and my worst are about shmit and the first lord of the rings

7. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I have a whole list of best movies:

1. [bold]Memento[/bold]
    Great Film, Masterpiece from begining to end. If you havent seen it, the movie runs backwards, from End to the begining, but it works. It was and still is very inovated the way it was written. It was one of those films that when it ends you get up off or your chair and say, "WHAT!" You want to see it over again after seeing it the first time. Chris Nolan, the guy who did batman begins did this one. based on Memento alone, he got the batman franchise.

2. [bold]The Usual Suspects[/bold]
    Another Great Film, one of the best whodunits I have seen. This movie probably has the best end twist of all film and the best thing about this twist is that NOBODY saw it coming. The Screen play won best original screenplay and was well desrived. Brian Singer, the writer/director of this film, got the xmen franchise and now the superman franchise because of this film. Singer also wrote and directed Apt Pupil, another great film.

3. [bold]The Lord of the Rings Trilogy- The Extended Editions[/bold]
    Each individual theactical film were great on their own, but the extended editions blow those versions out of the water. With the Extended Editions (EE), none of the trilogy lose momentum or creditabilty, they are all better. Yes they are long, but fantastic. Also, I could not list each movie individually, they had to be put together because in essence, it is one big movie. and with the EE, we are talking 12 hours of great film (although The Two Towers is my favorite). I my opinion the book for film the way it should of been.

4. [bold]Swingers[/bold]
    I have a couple of Comedies in my list. Swingers is one of the best films for oneliners and coming from the Los Angeles Area, this film perfectly depicts the wierd Hollywood scene. Most men that are in the late 20's early 30's age group could really relate to this film. Also, the scene were they just pick up and drive to Las Vegas is so true to the way it pans out.

5. [bold]The Empire Strikes Back[/bold]
    I think the only film in the Star Wars franchise that was flawless. The film is full of downward events for the rebels that is culminated with Luke losing his hand, finding out Vader is his father, and Solo getting frozen and sent to Jabba. But what makes this film so great is the very end, when everything seems hopeless, we get that final scene with Luke, Leia, and the Droids looking out the window. That and the musical score gives you that small glimps of hope that the next film all hell is going to break loose.

6. [bold]Boiler Room[/bold]
    This is one of the most underrated films. Nobody ever talks about it, but it is very good. At the time of its release the only named actor was Ben Affleck, who has a very small part, but a couple of named actor came out of it (Vin Diesel, Giovanni Ribisi, Nia Long, Scott Caan, Tom Everett Scott, and Jamie Kennedy)

7. [bold]Napoleon Dynamite[/bold]
    A cult movie that I dont think is ever going to go away, and like my next film on my list, it didnt get reconigtion until it reached dvd. This was one of those films that the first couple minutes you dont know what is going on, but then all of the sudden it is just crazy funny. GOSH!

8. [bold]Office Space[/bold]
    The ulitmate work movie. This is not a great film, but it is a great comedy. The movie bombed in the theaters, but is one top selling dvds of all time.

9. [bold]The Shawshank Redemption[/bold]
    Another Bomb in the theaters that was loved until it was released on video. This was a good hearted film that had an end twist that nobody saw coming. It is one of those films that when I see it on TV, I have to sit down and watch it.

10. [bold]Tombstone[/bold]
    This is a starstudded film that is nonstop fun from begining to end. Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday was awesome. This is another film with great oneliners.

There is my top ten, in no particular order but all great films.

[bold]Honorable Mentions[/bold]:
    Pulp Fiction, Ocean's 11, Back to the Future, The Goonies, E.T., Gladiator, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Major League, Batman, Batman Begins, The Doors, Donnie Brasco, Goodfellas, Edward Scissorhands, Pirates of the Caribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Romeo + Juliet, and there are a few more that I cant remember at this time

8. romero

romero Regular member

I could say so, unfortunately it's released in Finland only as tape format but you might find it from some older video rental - it's not regular Makuuni stuff ;)

9. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

Best: Less than ZERO, Mortal Thoughts, Butterfly Effect, Office Space

WORST: Napoleon Dynamyte, Be Cool, Darkness Falls, Elektra, Signs, Scary Movie 3

Sorry, theres just sooo many stupid movies out there.

10. skidme

skidme Guest

BEST: The Transporter

WORST: 1ST LOTR

11. medicate

medicate Member

best die hard , strangeland , oceans 11 the one with frank sinatra

worst top secret , slaughterhouse masacre , oceans 12

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yeah I just got around to watching Ocean's 12 today, actually just got done with it. Sucked pretty bad.

13. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey squizzle, you got further than I did on oceans 12. I couldn't get past the first 10 mins. LOL

14. squizzle

squizzle Active member

HAHA!!

I usually won't turn off a movie once I started watching it, it's like a complex I have. I just keep hoping it will get better, usually they don't. This one didn't.

15. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Squizzle: It use to take me forever just to watch one of my backups all the way through. Now i'm in the process of getting divorced.Having moved out 7 weeks ago,I had no cable and no internet in that span. All my entertainment I had was my trusty dvd collection and watched all the ones I backed up that I haven't watched entirely before this crisis.Ocean's 12 was the only exception,still sitting there on my rack collecting dust. LOL!

Now i'm back on the web again,mainly afterdawn, for a week now,and no time to watch the latest flicks.Only 15 mins of dracula 3 and half of million dollar baby.

16. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

HUH! are you crazy! Out of all the movies that have been released, The Transporter is the best and to top it all off the Fellowship is the worst!
    Fellowship of the Ring was a great movie and The Transporter was barely OK!

17. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

TRANSPORTER???

The f*ck
    i hated it. Probably the WORST movie to come out!!!!!!

18. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

Dodge ball was one of my favorite movies too.

19. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I thought Dodgeball was funny, but it was a little disappointing to me. Old School was much funnier. Anchorman was funnier too.

20. gpb42

gpb42 Guest

favortite: The Godfather
    worst movie of all time: Natural Born Killers