1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Listen to the line-in input

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ConcreteC, Jan 26, 2007.

1. ConcreteC

ConcreteC Guest

hey guys,just wondering if there is any way to listen to my line-in in real time. all i could find were programs that let me record the sound..... but i found the perfect software, but its for mac, its called "Linein"...... it just plays what ever sound that goes through you're input audio....... now if only there was such a program for PC i would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here

2. undine

undine Regular member

You should not need any software just to listen to your "line-in" audio. Just double click on your speaker icon at the lower-right of the lower tool bar to bring up the controls for line-in and speaker out ,etc. Most of the recording programs which can record "Line-in" such as http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ will also let you listen to what you are recording in real time.I hope this is what you wanted.Good luck.

3. ConcreteC

ConcreteC Guest

wow thanks, lol I didnt think of that, I went in the properties and added microphone to the list and unmuted it, and everything works, thank you, lol I had been searching for quite a while...