1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lite-on 5101 a poor recorder?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by aerobat, Nov 18, 2004.

1. aerobat

aerobat Member

I have tried to get this machine to work two weeks, been through the stupid tech support (worse that worthless)I have tried TDK, Velocity, Fuji, Phillips, and memorex DVDs with the same crap shoot outcomes. Disk errors and the need to unplug the machine to get any action. twentytwo disks, eight disk errors. I have been dubbing home VHS tapes in the six hour mode. Can the signal from the source machine cause a disk error? I am getting a disk failure at the same spot on a certain tape for three tries in a row. There doesn't appear to be anything special about that bit of tape, but can it just be coincidental? I am desparate, next time I have to unplug it to get the disk out of it I just might pour it full of Iron filings before pluging it back in.

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Return the machine for a replacement ... I assume that you bought it from Sam's Club ... take it back and make them replace it ... Good Luck to you !

3. Budrick

Budrick Member

I have had problems with certain spots on tapes also but it was where the tape has been wrinkled and signal is lost for a moment. So far I have never had to unplug my 1501. Replace the unit if possible.