1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite On internal dvd writer 1633S

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by papadune, Dec 11, 2004.

1. papadune

papadune Member

I just upgraded my writer to a Lite ON 16X DL DVD Writer, from an HP 400i. I have a pentium 4, 160 GB.HD My video tool is DVD X COPY PLAT. Never had a problem before, Now this New Lite On just quits reading at 10%, and just freezes up my PC. Sometimes I get a whole read, then I put in the Blank Media(verbatim,Memorex,Mitsumi)I have both formats, and it ejects the disk and I get an error, Does anyone know if DVD X COPY and Lite on have issues with each other?
    Might just take this one back and try another Brand, maybe SONY??? Please help!!! I just want my HP back! I can't beleive I said that,:)

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Are you just using XCopy? If so, try Shrink and Decrypter.

3. papadune

papadune Member

I am currently just using DVD X COPY, I have DVD SHRINK & DVD Decrypter. Just not sure on how to use it, I tryed a couple times but havent succecced. I opened the disk, all I want is menus and the main title, no extras, to previews. So I choosed re-author and just choose the menu and the title. Then during play back on my home dvd player, I can't play in the menu, DVD player says invalid key,the menu plays for 5 mins then I get the movie. What did I do wrong?

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

If you re-author in Shrink you will lose the menu. What you do is choose full backup. Then click on extras and choose insert still image or still picture for the compression. Do the same for anything else you don't want to keep. Leave the menu and main movie alone.

5. papadune

papadune Member

Thanks flip218,