1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite On LTR failure

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by drnate, Oct 27, 2004.

1. drnate

drnate Guest

I have had my Lite on LTR CD R/W drive for about a year. Last year at about this time (when the drive was a little over a year old), the problem started. I bought a new drive (excellent rebate program) and that solved it. It started by not recognizing certain CD's. Now it won't recognize most CD's. I have tried my lens cleaner, but the drive won't recognize the fact that there is a CD in the drive. Is this a problem with these drives, or is there something else I should be looking for?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

sounds like the head might be going out of alignment or the head is still dirty, if out of warranty, open drive so you can look a laser from top not front & clea with a qtip & isopropol alchol

3. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Those lens cleaners with the brush on the disc are bad news, all they successfully do is push muck from one side of the lens to the other. But it does sound like the drive could be cactus.

4. drnate

drnate Guest

I have my CD burner apart. How do I check th lens alignment?

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can't check for alignment!! because the lens rides gimbel or shock absorber it moves around. what you can do is use the qtip & isopropyl alcochol to clean the laser lens. if i knew how to fix cdrom laser alignment, i wouldnt have about 40 of them sitting around either for parts or eventually scrap