1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liteon 1633 wont read backups

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by tywyn, May 31, 2007.

1. tywyn

tywyn Member

The problem I have is that my liteon 1633 wont read my backup dvd's which I burned on the drive or the blank dvd's that I have, eventhough they worked fine before. It will play original discs, back up cd's etc. Sometimes after reboot and one of the backup discs is in the drive it can be read, but as soon as I eject the disc and insert again it won't read. I have tried unistalling the drive and flashing etc but the problem still remains. I tried the discs in my 5 year old Pioneeer and it works fine. This is my 3rd Liteon and the 1633 is a warranty replacement for another that went a couple of years back. I won't be buying Liteon again they may be cheap but they are cheap crap that aren't built to last eventhough i haven't used the drive that much really. Does anyone have any suggestions, I was thinking maybe I should get a DVD lens cleaner?

2. tywyn

tywyn Member

Lots of no replies to forum posts here, does anyone actually know what they are doing/talking about? Seems hardly worth the effort posting.

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Try cleaning your laser lense with either a disc or a swab covered in alcohol (not the beer type). Check your connections are alright, such as IDE and power. Have you treid the drive in another PC? Have you treid another IDE cable?

Is your drive in DMA or PIO mode?

And to answer your second question, lots of people here know what they are doing/talking about, but lots of us also have lives to live. Don't be so ignorant. No one here is obliged to help you and if they don't respond then that's a shame but it happens to a lot of people.
    If posting your problem is really so much effort, don't bother next time.