1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liteon 166S and Sony DRX510UL

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jegonzo3, Jul 29, 2003.

1. jegonzo3

jegonzo3 Member

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Liteon 166s for doing my ripping and then bought the Sony DRX510UL (external) for burning my DVD's. Once I hooked up the Sony DRX510UL, the Liteon won't work anymore. It won't recognize or play any DVD I throw in it. Anyone know of any reason why this would happen? I haven't tried unplugging the Sony yet to see if that fixes it (I will try that tonight), but if the Liteon works after that, then what could it be?

Thanks,
    jegonzo3

2. FunkyBoss

FunkyBoss Member

Not sure what it could be. But go ahead and unplug the sony to see what happens. I just ordered the same LiteOn drive to do my ripping to an OptoRite DVD burner, so I'll be interested to see what happens in your situation.

3. jegonzo3

jegonzo3 Member

Hello FunkyBoss,

well, I unplugged the Sony and popped a DVD into the Liteon and guess what? the Liteon worked. I then plugged the Sony back in and the Liteon continued to work. Just to make sure, I put the DVD back into the Sony, it worked and then put it back into the Liteon and it still worked. So, it looks like I'm ok for now. Now I'm going to try some ripping to make sure that works.

4. FunkyBoss

FunkyBoss Member

Excellent. Please keep me informed how the ripping goes and what kind of speeds you are getting. Thanks!