1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LiteOn 20A3P DVD RW Issues

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Bunford, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Bunford

Bunford Member

I have just put this drive in my PC but it won't burn DVDs annoyingly.

I have tried it as master and slave and neither setting works. Also tried CS.

It read DVDs perfectly but if i try to burn onto DVD-R it just gets to 4% odd and then spits it out noting an error. I've tried with Nero 7 (and upgraded my Nero to try and still the same) and I have tried with ImgBurn and DVDDecrypter.

Any ways around this for this drive? Is it worth flashing or does it just need a Firmware upgrade?

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

3. Bunford

Bunford Member

I've tried an Firmware upgrade and using the latest Firmware release but still no luck. It just tends to stick on 1% until the "time estimated" has gone down to zero and then nero notes a reset and error.

No idea how to go about it as it's quite annoying paying good money for a DVDRW if it doesn't work.

Anyone any ideas???

Cheers loads.

4. Bunford

Bunford Member

I've just realised too that for some reason it reads CDs and DVDs perfectly, burns CDs perfectly and only refuses to burn any type of DVD.

This is with the latest Firmware upgrade.

Any tips gratefully recommended as my computer is notoriously unstable and temperemental hence why i bought this drive to back everything up.

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

what media are you using?

might try a diferent brand ,TY, Verbatim