1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LITEON 5005 OR LITEON 5005X

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by aztec1, Nov 8, 2005.

1. xp96xp

xp96xp Guest

Anybody have comments on the 5006 or 5104? How do they compare to the 5005? Any new recommendations here in light of these newer models?

Per the Lite-On manuals, both the 5006 and 5104 have the 3 hour record mode that the 5005 doesn't have without hacks. I have heard that the 5006 has a stereo tuner instead of the mono one in the 5005 - but that is not confirmed.

Any negatives with these models? Any hack issues (for MV or other)?

Thanks for your comments.

2. Camfreak

Camfreak Guest

Yes, I have this same problem. My LVW-5005 is newer than 0098 mine is 0101 and this is what my # shows (000-010D) after I hacked it. So does anyone have a new hack for this. I bought this thing to record my old VHS movies to DVD so I can get rid of VHS. Now it seems I can't do it after all.

HELP please !!

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Yeah ... unfortunately, anything newer than 098 cannot be hacked .. You may want to ttry downgrading your firmware to 098, then re-hack it ... You should be able to find older firmware here (register first)  http://ccgi.mgillespie.plus.com/liteon/smf/

or here  http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

From what I undersyand, LiteOn was threatened with lawsuits unless they made the recorders harder to 'hack'

... good luck and burn baby, burn

4. Camfreak

Camfreak Guest

Cat,

Can this be done without ruining the recorder? If so, which f/ware would you recommend from that site and will it work with the same hack I already used?

Thanks

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I upgraded my older machine and downgraded my newer machine ... both to 098 .. I figured that the newest that allows hacking would be the best ... this also allows me to swap unfinalized discs back and forth between the two recorders.

I'd been having problems recording weekly episodes .. if I started the disc on one machine, and forgot which machine the incomplete disc had been recorded with, problems galore ...

Anyways, I am running the latest drive firmware, and 098 system firmware and both machines work great

I'm not sure if you can downgrade a machine once you upgrade it ... I would think you could, but I haven't done it ... both of my machines were virgins when I up/downgraded them ... you may want to ask at one of the LiteOn forums ...

6. malachi

malachi Member

Could someone please spell out what the difference between the liteon 5005 and 5005x is. I borrowed a friends 5005 and recently bid on a 5005x thinking they were similar. Is the 5005x really a bad idea? Please help!

7. artelps

artelps Member

Help me please...I have a problem with liteon 5005X. I record in dvd-r Philips or ridata. Often the recording is not compatible in other reproducers of dvd. There is no sound, or do not read it. Other times, there are jumps in the recording. as it is the problem? the recording of 5005x is not compatible? thank

8. catfreak

catfreak Active member

9. Camfreak

Camfreak Guest

I finally tried the hack for MV removal. I didn't want to use it until my warr was up. I'm happy to report that it worked. No more MV. If you read back in this thread you'll see I used a newer hack to update my 5005 a year ago and to add reg free. So now I reversed it with a 0098 hack which also gave me 3hr. Yeah!!!