1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LITEON 5045 Transfer of data to another 5045?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by craigten, Aug 27, 2007.

1. craigten

craigten Guest

Hi, can anyone please help me?
    I have 2 liteon 5045's and one wont burn to any blank dvds anymore, it just wont recognise them (i think the burner has died!!)! the problem i have is i have quite a few important files saved on the hard drive so need to transfer them to something but what? Is there a way to transfer any/all data from my one liton 5045 to my other liteon 5045 or to my pc?
    Any ideas would be great!!
    Thankyou- Craig

2. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

hi craighten, easiest way would be to open bought units up and physically remove the hdd from the bad unit and install into the unit with the good burner, the files will be recognized, and then burn your dvds or you could actually replace the bad burner, I've done so in 4 ILO HD04s, check this site, http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=7, good luck.

CC

3. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

hi craighten, easiest way would be to open bought units up and physically remove the hdd from the bad unit and install into the unit with the good burner, the files will be recognized, and then burn your dvd back-ups, change hdd and upload dvds. You might to consider actually replacing the bad burner, I've done so in 4 ILO HD04s, check this site, http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=7, good luck.

CC

4. craigten

craigten Guest

Hey thanks for the help my friend, I might well change the burner when i have time! How difficult/dangerous is it to swap the hdd's?

5. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Not difficult and no danger at all,

1) open case
    2) carefully unplug both power and IDE cables
    3) unscrew the hdd from the bracket
    4) reverse order to install

then back-up your files on dvds, switch hdd again and upload all your files to it, now you have all your files on the hdd in the good unit, until you take the plunge and replace the burner.

That's it.

6. craigten

craigten Guest

Absolutely brilliant help, il do it this saturday!!
    I cant thank you enough!!
    All the best- Craig

7. craigten

craigten Guest

Hi, ok i will swap the hard drives later tonight but first i was going to record to hard disk a video my mum recorded off 'Discovery Turbo', (what i mean is my mum recorded the programme from 'Discovery Turbo' on to video and i was hoping to then play the video and record to my hard drive on my liteon 5045 which has been hacked to record videos with macrovision') but i am unable to do so! The video contains one programme off 'Discovery Turbo' and a dog programme off the normal Discovery channel but when i try to record the programme off the Discovery Turbo channel the Liteon keeps saying "copy protected" but records the other programme fine!! As iv mentioned, iv already hacked the liteon to record macrovision (and it works) so what is the problem do you think? And how do i get around it?
    PLEASE help??
    Thankyou in advance- Craig

8. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

I presume that when you say video, you mean a VHS cassette, if so, a real stumper !!!

Check your serial numbers of your 5045s that appear under the setup screen to verify that in fact the hack is present, some users had issues with the later firmware versions, it started with the 201 version, some had problems and stayed with the 197 version, others have succesfully hacked at higher versions.

The S/N shows up as so: "xxxx-xxxx-XXXX-xxxx (XXx)(xxxx)". The third set of Xs is the firmware version, when properly hacked the first X in (XXx) is the region, if set at region free it will show up as "0". The second X is the enable/disable MV indicator (0= MV on, 1=MV off). If set at 0, the 50 45 is not hacked, try an earlier hacked firmware (197).

9. craigten

craigten Guest

Hi again and im sorry to bother you again but iv checked my s/n and it says that the third set of numbers are: 0205' so the second number is neither a '0' or '1'!! What can/shall i do?
    Thankyou so much for your help!!
    -Craigten

10. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Pleeeaaase, it's no bother Craigten, I got a lot of help through these forums, it's my turn to try and help. Could you write the whole S/N string please, what's important is that the 0 and the 1 should appear here in the string like so:

xxxx-xxxx-0205-xxxx (01x-xxxx) if so it means that (0=region free and 1=MV off. If the numbers are reversed (10x-xxxx) it means that (1= region 1 and 0= MV protected)

If the 0 and 1 appear in these positions, then the hack is on, if not you'll need to reapply the hack, I would suggest no higher than 0197.

CC

11. craigten

craigten Guest

Hi again- the string is: s/n: 0132-0242-0205-M202- (2E10-0100)
    Does that make any sence to you?
    Thankyou once again- Craigten

12. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

The "2E10" seems a little weird to me but that might be something in the later than 197 firmwares. At this point I would backflash to hacked 197, check the S/N number again to see if the standard (01x) applies and try to copy the Discovery Turbo video and maybe try to backup a commercial DVD. You can always go down one version at a time (all hacked of course) 204, 203, 201, 197 and no lower than 197, 197 has all the proper operational fixes, higher than 197 are attempts to circumvent the hacking program and more media updates. Personally, I would stay at 197 and for more media updates, bring the drive to the PC and update through actual PC drive firmware at Liteon for the 851s which is the drive in the 5045.

CC