1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LiteOn LDW 411s problems :)

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by mulloof, Dec 1, 2003.

1. mulloof

mulloof Guest

Hi guys...
    having some trouble with my LiteOn.

I had trouble reading some media, so i decided to upgrade the firmware. In doing so, the percentage-complete meter stops at 99% and does not finish. So then my computer is frozen, so i re-start the damn thing and when i come back on, with a DVD-INFO program it says that the firmware HAS infact changed... So now i think to myself, cool :)... one problem though, now my drive doesnt burn fULLSTOP. tried to re-flash the damn thing with the same firmware/previous firmware and no go.

Any help would be much appreciated

cheers

emmaw@ozonline.com.au

2. Fugazi69

Fugazi69 Member

I had the same problem upgrading the firmware on my drive,I moved the DVD drive IDE cable to the other IDE connector and I was able to flash the drive after that,dunno why but it worked.
    hope this helps.

3. Chewtoy

Chewtoy Guest

Try getting an 80 wire IDE cable still has 40 pins but has 40 wires that wrap 40 wire to reduce noise this may stop that to
    may want to look at the media that you are using these drives are picky about what they like to use.
    Lists of these can be found on the web.
    Make sure the device is a master on one of your IDE's these drives like to be by themselves.
    Try not to use the on the fly burn send these to your HD first then burn from there
    Try this stuff you may or may not find any help from it.