1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liteon ldw451s

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by wongster, Jan 24, 2004.

1. wongster

wongster Member

i ordered the liteon ldw411s dvd burner from best buy. after installing the burner my computer is reading this as a liteon ldw451s. is this a better burner or do i need to return it to best buy?

2. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

No, return it for 411s get what ya payed for. I was thinking of getting one as here in Canada there are only $120.00, there is a reason for that, The web site I visit it looked to me that a few of them are having problems with 451s Suggest you also look at the 811s it's faster than the 411 but the 411 had a better review. Also I just read someone's reply that the 451s is a redo of 411s. I know what i read on other sites & lot of them were having problems with the 451s. But heyyyyyy, since ya have it play with it for a few day & see how it works for YOU!! just about EVERYBODY has problems with most hardware, & yes even Plextor. After I wrote this message I looked at the site that mentioned the 451s & could not find anything that said it was a 411s replacement, but i don't know everything. There is not a lot of info on this model but a lot on the 411s. Let me know what you found out.
    I even went on the LiteON website & the 451s is NOT listed. WEIRD EHHHHH???
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dave

Here is my System INfo:
    Asus P4PE MoBo,533FSB,2.4 iTEL,512mb PC2700,ATI 8500LE 128mb,ATI TV Wonder Pro R/C,Teac CD-W58E,PLEXTOR PX-708A,Western Digital Cav.SE 80 GiG w/8mb data buffer,this custom made system is running on WinXP.[/small]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  3. zaluskim

zaluskim Member

I just ordered the 451s and this thread got me worried so I called called LiteOn Tech support. Indeed the 451s is a replacement for the 411s. The only difference between the two drives is an updated chip.

451s is not yest listed on the LiteOn USA web site (http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/odd_dvdrw.htm), but I'm told it will be in the next couple of days.

marty