1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LiteOn LTR-52246S

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by xakuma, Oct 15, 2003.

1. xakuma

xakuma Member

I have my eyes on a LiteOn LTR-52246S drive. Could someone help me with the disadvantages, if any, of the drive, how well it would work with SafeDisc 2.9, and how I would make a SafeDisc 2.9 disc with it? Also, I have seen that this is a 2-sheep burner. Is this true? If so, $40 is quite a good price.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The LiteOn LTR-52246S easily defeats Safedisc 2.9 but you need a dvd\cd-rom to play backups without the aid of software installation. Macrovision (developers of Safedisc) have already announced Safedisc 3.1 and soon to be on a pc game (anxioulsy awaits).
    A great dvd-rom (if you don't have one) to play backups of Safedisc 2.9: LiteOn LTD 163\165\166 models.

Shoey :)

3. xakuma

xakuma Member

I know it's kind of difficult, but would you be able to predict its compatibility with SafeDisc 3.1. I would guess that it would be somewhat effective since it is a fairly new drive.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Macrovision Corporation a leading provider of copy protection and digital rights management technologies, yesterday announced the launch of SafeDisc version 3.1, designed to upgrade its CD/DVD-ROM copy-protection against hacking and unauthorized copying of protected titles. SafeDisc v3.1 builds upon the security wrapper that PC games publishers have used to protect over 200 million CDs worldwide, and provides effective and time-efficient security tools for PC games developers themselves.

Key features include:
    • Unique instance-based security that creates individual new security system for each title, and an improved code masking technology which can be used to thwart hackers from reverse-engineering Macrovision copy protection out of a protected application.

• Robust SafeDisc security API (Application Programming Interface) with “Intelligent Protected Functions (PFNs)” and improved interface, allowing faster and more effective implementation.

• Expanded Professional Services with on-site Macrovision development engineer working along side your developers to produce world-class highly secure implementation of SafeDisc protection for each title. This also includes SafeDisc API training, software installation pack and additional code tools and methodologies to increase the level of protection that developers can apply to their titles.

• New unique signature for each title to foil copying to even the most advanced optical disc burners.

Steve Weinstein, executive vice president of Macrovision, commented: “Our ongoing investment in research and development provides our SafeDisc customers with a constantly evolving product for more effective protection in a fast moving and ever changing market environment.”

SafeDisc V3.1 will be available in September, 2003 to meet publishers’ and developers’ demand for the 2003 holiday season.

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14127

I have no clue whether "2 sheep burners" can defeat this newest Safedisc 3.1 release m8. My hunch, Safedisc 3.1 will be introduced on NBA Live 2004, due out late October or early November.

• New unique signature for each title to foil copying to even the most advanced optical disc burners.

This really concerns me but I'm confident this newest cd protection will be defeated (again)

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2003