1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liteon LVW-5005 Updates

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by rckowal, Dec 23, 2004.

1. rckowal

rckowal Member

The upgrade/update dialogue box on my LVW-5005 DVR doesn't open when the CD containing the LNFA1076.DSU update file is loaded.

I start by pushing the "source" button on the DVR, then load the CD into the tray until the DVR display says "File"! Then, on the TV monitor, the Liteon logo wallpaper can be seen but there is no dialogue that says "System will be upgraded. Press OK to proceed or Cancel to abort." which is shown in the installation instructions

The software which matched my "Setup Menu" was downloaded from Liteon website. I followed the installation instructions very carefully and burned it to the CD using Nero as directed in their tutorial.

What is wrong with this upgrade effort & how do I fix it?

2. npacker

npacker Member

How did you burn the data to the disc? It needs to be burned as an ISO, or the player will just recognize it as a file, and forget about it. If you burn it as an iso, then it will boot it up, and start the upgrade process.