1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liteon LVW5005X help needed

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by hotrod351, May 18, 2007.

1. hotrod351

hotrod351 Member

i just bought a new liteon dvd recorder and was told, by the seller, that it had all the hacked firmware needed to record dvd,s from dvd,s. problem is it doesn't. it says protected on the screen. i have found sites that list the firmware to enable me to do this but ive never downloaded info top a disk. i have burned cd,s but i don't understand how to burn the cd with the firmware update. i have a powermac g4 with a liteon external burner. im using toast titanium 7. i thought i could just download the firmware then drag it on to toast.

2. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Hi hotrod351, to disable mv on the 5005x you'll need to crossflash the 5005x to an ilo r04 for that feature and then you can always flash it back to a 5005x for the allwrite features when needed. Here's the site with instructions on how to download and burn (toast) firmware, http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/. You cannot simply drag and copy the file, you must use your burning (toasting) application to create a brand new data disc and finalize it. Make sure that there are no other file on the disc. You'll need to download and burn two discs, the hacked 5005x to ilo r04 file and the hacked r04 to 5005x.