1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liteon overburning

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by nagumo, Oct 1, 2002.

1. nagumo

nagumo Member

i just bought some intenso 90 min cd-r's and tried burning a file that was 750 mb but my burner said i needed to insert a medium that was big enough and ejected the cd. My burner is a liteon LTR-40125S and ive got nero 5.5. ive gotn to expert functions and changed the minutes to 90 and checked the box to allow overburning but still wont work.
    can anyone help?

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Does the drive support 90min media?
    Latest Nero revision?

I have recently been haunted by this kind of misfunction of Nero - it doesn't let me overburn, and just like in your case it wants a bigger medium . I swithched to DiscJuggler for now and I really like it.

3. nagumo

nagumo Member

thanks i'll give discjuggler a try.
    my drive says it can burn discs upto 99 minutes.

4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

urotsukidoji fan, eh? me too :)

I recently purchased a 99 minute 850 mb cd, and have not even taken it out of the wrapper yet. I think the only reason I bought it was that I couldn't believe it was for real.. heh

5. nagumo

nagumo Member

yep urotsukidoji is cool

well, ive tried disc juggler but was a kinda confusing layout to me so i need someway to copy the films im downloading as some are around 710 mb and i cant seem to overburn no matter what i try.
    any ideas?

6. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

First, understand the risk you are taking by overburning, and the possibility that it could damage your CD-RW drive. You can read more about overburning using Nero from this FAQ straight from Nero's website.

If you understand this risk, and still want to do it... http://www.nero.com/en/content/helptool/398.htm

best of luck!

7. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

You can hardly consider overburning a risk, even though it might be possible in theory.

8. DMO

DMO Guest

I've heard that the 90+ min CD's from Intenso are quite a bit thinner than previous CD's. I've been given a 90 min to test out on my Plextor CD-RW. Tried the "Medium Info" from within Nero, and it picked it up as a 88MB CD.

Apparently, if you stick a CD label on the top of the disc, it will work. Haven't tried this yet, as I don't have any labels left...