1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liteon V1 Flash success -- xbox update -- E71 -- because of update or keydrop ??..

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Skiman101, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiman101

Skiman101 Guest

Hi guys,

am hoping to get some confirmation on info i got from a local mod 'guru'. Some of the things he said didnt gell so im hoping you guys can confirm/ deny/ advise.

* I have the Liteon DG-162S V1.
    * Bought the CK3 probe and connectivity kit.
    * Flashed using Jungleflasher 1.67.
    * FW is iXtreme-thx 1.6 Liteon. (ix16-liteon-repack.bin)
    * Flash was succesful.
    * Tested fine playing backup and originals.
    * Kids played a handful of backup games and one of them (prototype i think) wanted to update the console.
    * Update worked fine.
    * kids played games all night.
    * went to play games this morning and they got E71 as xbox tries to load the dashboard. Red light on the lower right sector.
    * have tried all the suggested fixes to no avail(re-connecting cables, removing HDD, reseting dashboard using the sync trick, pressing Y on the controller during startup).

Called a local mod guy who said a few things:

1) Because of motherboard chipset, Liteon didnt flash properly during the write process and has subsequently dropped the key. I know a little about electronics and this is hard for me to believe.

2) Because i used ixtreme 1.6 and a wave4 game, the console has been bricked. Should have used 1.61.

3) 1.61 wont be released to the public and only to a select group of people. Says he already has 1.61 and can install a new Liteon DVDROM with 1.61 installed.

4) The motherboard retains memory of which hardware has been installed and what DVD keys have been used.

Can you guys please comment, confirm or deny any of these things? Have done lots of reading and not come across any of this info so not sure if its legit or whether he just wants my $$ to install a new DVDROM.

Is it worth reflashing the drive? I have saved the original DVD Key.

Will that fix the E71 error? From what ive read, E71 can mean a few things.

Can you guys suggest any other way to rectify the E71 fault?

Thanks for reading this far :) Wanted to give you as much info as possible. Would greatly appreciate any advice.

Cheers and kind regards.

2. Skiman101

Skiman101 Guest

Hmmm... maybe i posted this to wrong forum. Sorry mod. :-|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.