1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little Black Book

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ejd405, Jan 8, 2005.

1. ejd405

ejd405 Member

Any new ideas on how to get LBB, Res Evil, Bourne Supremacy to work??? I was able to get to the re-author stage for LBB, but the total time during encoding showed 32hrs...I thought, um no...what can I do, beside purchasing AnyDVD Beta???

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Download the latest version of Decrypter. It is supposed to work on the new dvd encryption.

Jerry

3. anRkey

anRkey Guest

I used DVD Decryptor to rip LLB and then used DVD shrink to encode and Nero 6 to burn. The encode process displayed at roughly 8 hours. Am I doing this right, and is it supposed to take this long, or is there an easier way. Thanks for any help.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

I used the AnyDVD Beta, Encoded the movie to the HD with DVD Shrink, and burned with Nero Express. I didn't time it, but it didn't take any longer than normal for Shrink. I used the quality settings because this DVD has both a full and wide screen movie. The new version of Decrypter requires a sector list patch to work properly with LBB and RE2. The AnyDVD Beta has a 21 day trial, surely one can record these movies in 3 weeks. By then one should know if they want to purchase and keep the program or not.

5. 6tristan9

6tristan9 Member

DVD Decryptor and DVDFab Gold are both really good and can get past CSS protection

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Has anyone tried DVDFab with LBB? As far as Decrypter goes, it has to have a sector list patch to work properly while decrypting LBB. They had these sector lists on the decrypter forum for RE2 and LBB. Seems Sony went beyond the norm with the new unreadable sector type encryption and has everyone scrambling to catch up with the decryption tools. Looks like sony rattled some cages this time.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I think the lastest Decrypter doesn't need the patch anymore. Its supposed to be fixed.

Jerry

8. brobear

brobear Guest

I just ran DVDD v3.5.2.0 with LBB and it returned an error at the end of the decryption process (I didn't write it down). But without the patch, it doesn't work properly. Others noted the same. Other forum members told me they had to delete certain sectors to get the movie to work. That's why they have the patch listed for some programs on the Decrypter forum. I just checked to make sure 3.5.3.0 hasn't come out yet. Maybe Lightning UK will get the unreadable sector encryption from Sony worked out in that version. So far this is a problem with a limited number of movies. But, if the industry sees it will work, you'll see much more of it. AnyDVD appears to have already gotten the new encryption under control.

9. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Try DVD Decryptor again using Scuba Pete's adjustments to the "settings" to enable a more aggressive rip and to ignore the read errors. Then rip to HD, open the file from DVD Shrink, analyze, under compression insert a "still image" where the read errors/bad sectors are located. Then burn as usual.
    Alternative is to first use VOB Blanker before decrypting, as others have suggested, but I am not as familiar with this approach.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  10. brobear

brobear Guest

Still a lot of ignoring, changing settings and deleting files, or mastering over with the still image in Shrink (Decrypter takes care of this with the patch). I prefer doing it the easy way like most others do; no additional tampering and just run the apps and record. Did ScubaPete suggest this or did you just interject his methods (which are available in the guides if one pays attention to detail) as part of your solution to unreadable sector encryption? If you are going to use Decrypter, just use the patches for the difficult movies, it's easier than doing all the changes, and editing. That is unless one just enjoys doing things the hard way. As I put on my wish list, "may lightning uk soon get the problem solved".

I sometimes like tinkering around with apps to make sure I can do the difficult manipulations. Sometimes, I want to do things before the software companies and authors update certain apps. But if the fix is already available and there's an easy way, I take it. I consider my time as being of some worth, so I try not to waste it unless I'm having fun (not really a waste). I mentioned what works, so I'm not going to start sounding like a commercial; afraid I may have already. I'm not an employee of Slysoft, but I will suggest an app that works.

11. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

12. brobear

brobear Guest

No need, I was just wondering if he was endorsing a somewhat lengthy and difficult exercise when lightning uk, author of Decrypter, has the program set up to use the simpler patch method. Wonder if anyone made Pete aware of that. Some people end up doing things the hard way. Matter of choice as it often happens.

13. brobear

brobear Guest

According to lightning uk, the fix is already in. As of v3.5.2.0 the PSL patch is no longer needed for LBB. I guess that goes for the other movies as well. Glad to see one of my favorite apps back up to par. I may have had a questionable disc or did something wrong. Anyway, I have it backed up and no need to waste time, effort and money to play with that one. This means the convoluted method as described by StanH1000, supposedly via ScubaPete, won't be necessary. Possibly this method was before the release of the latest DVDD version. I'm not going to go checking dates. I'll just take the word of the man who wrote DVD Decrypter. I'll also continue to run AnyDVD in the background since I have it and it's saved a lot of aggravation.

[bold]Update[/bold], changed my mind, new info. I checked the link. Pete's post was on 12/15/04, before the new DVD Version. The more aggressive settings are better for hard to crack dvds. Possibly no one made him aware of the Decrypter PSL patch which would have made the recording process easier as well by cleaning up the rip so programs, Shrink included, could easily use the ripped files. I agree that aggressive settings help in some instances, but the unreadable sector encryption wasn't handled by the previous versions, irregardless of the settings (at least not with movies like Little Black Book).

Anyone wondering what I'm talking about on PSL patches, just browse over to the DVD Decrypter Forum off the DVDD home page and run a search for Little Black Book.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2005
  14. brobear

brobear Guest

So, Jerry746 had it right in the second post and the rest of this thread has ended up being sort of meaningless. Been a while since I got a bad rip with Decrypter though, but strange things sometimes happen.

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thats the problem with this stuff. You think you have the problem licked and something else pops up. The studios come out with a better mouse trap and in time our software creators will make a better mouse. It just takes some time. I updated my CloneDVD and AnyDVD so I hope I don't run into any problems. No problem on my end brobear, I just report what I read. I have been known to be wrong at times. Later guy,

Jerry

16. brobear

brobear Guest

That's about all we can do, keep the apps updated and hope the race stays even, if not in our favor. I'm keeping Decrypter and AnyDVD updated and hoping for the best. So far, I've been able to back up anything coming my way. Here's to a mouse on steroids... Good luck and catch you later.

17. nycdude

nycdude Member

I updated to the latest decrypter version and I ripped
    LBB onto my HD although I did get an error message
    in the process which I click ignored.

All seems well with the ripping but when I go into
    dvdshrink so it can fit onto a dvd-r, I keep getting the
    message from dvdshrink that it is "out of memory" and
    would not continue. This would happen like 2/3 of
    the way in the shrinking process. I am burning with a
    TDK840G and Ritek media.

I am at my wits end and need some help as to what
    that means and what settings I need to adjust.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  18. brobear

brobear Guest

Are you using the latest version of DVD Decrypter? What is your version number? Sounds like you may be having more than an encryption problem. A quick check would be to download the latest version of AnyDVD and run that with Shrink while recording the movie. Both DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD have been updated to handle the unreadable sector encryption.

If AnyDVD didn't take care of the problem, how much space is left on your hard drive, how large is the HD, and what CPU do you have and how much RAM? There is the possibility you are running into a systems allocation problem.