1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little confused...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jlg895, Mar 6, 2006.

1. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

I purchased the xenium sp. ice (solderless) and was about ready to install it but then I remembered that I had seen some disc on bittorrent that said it had everything to boot up. After I install the chip, Where do I go from there. I went to the modchipstore.com but they only have instructions on how to install it. I have done some searching for the past couple of days but I get a little hazy about xbins and so on. I apologize if this is a newbie question but I have to as someone, why not my friends at ad. cheers

2. theridges

theridges Guest

go to #xbins and download the newest bios for the chip......then after u get all that running download the aid 3 disc (auto installer deluxe 3) and put that in from there u can install what dashboard u want and so on......

3. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

Thank you. I will follow your instructions and let you know of the results. I am thinking of evolution x. Are there any compatibility issues I should know of? I chose this chip thinking it was the only one to be compatible with xbox live. I was duped. Next time I will pick xecuter based on just the fact there are more resources in tutorials for that chip. Thanks again.

have to ask: I checked out xbins for the newest bios for my chip (xenium sp. ice) do I just pick one or should I match it with something specific?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  4. theridges

theridges Guest

i will find out and repost for ya.....
    you can get any bios thats 1mb i would get the xecuter bios the newest one for the X3 its probably the best one out......

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2006
  5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Wait theridges, I think the 1MB x3 bios only work on X3 modchip. If you are talking about the 512MB xecuter bios, then it is ok for Xenium.

jlg895, which xbox version do you have?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2006
  6. theridges

theridges Guest

yea your probably right,i know the 512k bios is for the xenium i thought the 1mb would work on both too....

7. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

sorry for late reply. Just got off work. Now where did I put those tork wrenches....as soon as I find them ill reply. I have been doing a lot of studying but I still cant come up with certain things like:
    My chip says it can toggle between dashboards in order to for me to play xbox live safely. Where does that come in?

How do you back up your eeprom?
    After you install the chip do u have to immediately flash the bios or do I have time to study a bit?
    WHere do you get the 3 disc starter?

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

The eeprom is in drive E:\UDATA or E:\TDATA. Just back up both of them.

After you install the chip, it will ask you to update bios. You can flash it any time you want without problem. You also need the autoinstaller disk. It will install dashboard and apps. To download it, follow the link in my sig and look for it.

9. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

Ive noticed other installer discs like this one: Auto installer deluxe 3.0 Xbox HQ. Should I be under the impression that once I do the hardware installation I back up the drive I should put this in and follow prompts and thats it.I'm just a little worried Ill kill the ol xbox.

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

No Auto installer deluxe 3.0 Xbox HQ wont kill your xbox.

One thing you should keep in mind that you won't able to play Xbox Live after this mod.

11. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

the reason why I selected this chip: I was searching for a modchip in these forums and this one was advertised as a chip that would still allow you to switch over and play xbox live. What am I missing? Is it just the auto installer that will disable me to play live

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yes, you turn off the modchip and play Live. Then you should back up all the stuffs in the original hdd. After success installing everything, then ftp them back where they were before. Remember lock your xbox hdd.

13. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

thanks for the help. I bought a crossover cable today. I tried to get a ground strap but I am all cashed out until fri. If I do the chip on my tile floor and try to wear light clothing do you think I can get by?

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you should be ok. Try to hold chip on the edge.

15. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

installing chip now. I have version 1.1
    ill reply once im done

16. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

while installing the chip I came across this problem: Here is the tutorial-http://teamxodus.com/pictures/Manuals// I have obviously the xenium sp ice and cannot get the template to fit around the chip properly. The company states that this chip is compatible with all x box versions and anyways my version is 1.1 Am i missing something?

17. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

Heres the deal. Although the company I bought the mod chip from said that it would work on all xboxes they only supply one manual and it is only for version 1.6 Now when you go looking around you will only find that guide. Now if you take hrs and hrs searching for it you come up with this:http://www.teamxodus.com/pictures/Manuals/iceguide.pdf
    Now what you dont get is a full version manual. Meaning, it never answers the question of how you add on the extra parts you paid for and it came with.

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I think it should work on your xbox version. Let see if I can find that old manual for you.

19. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

Once I installed the chip and hooked it up to my tv I had the common problem: I starts to load and it resets itself twice then leaves me with a flashing red and green light. I searched untilt 6:30 last night and realize the error comes from a bad flashed bios or damaged motherboard. I checked the d0 wire and its intact. I also read that once your trying to boot up you should hit the white button on your controller. I did that as well and same problem. So I started to think I damaged my motherboard so took it back apart at reloaded this time without the chip attached and everything booted up fine. I hope I have provided enough info and proved that I'm not leeching. I sincerely have done hours of searching and looking over the same tutorials over and over.

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2006