1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading .Rar Games

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by viper8437, Dec 1, 2004.

1. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

2. brush

brush Member

I think I may have posted that link, but anyway, you will need to use winrar or another compression/decompression program to extract the files and in each .rar file is the .jar and .jad files needed for your phone, oh yeah you should be able to get all the aftermentioned programs from the same location you got the .jar files

I copied this excerpt step by step from another forum
    =================================================

1 Motorola USB Data Kit Cable
    1 Windows 2000 Operating System
    1 PST Phone Programmer 1 MIDway Version 2.6

Prologue:
    Let's do a final checklist before we get on this long and windy journey.

Okie, before we get started, make sure you have your USB cable connected to the phone at all times, NOT to your computer yet! I need to emphasize this. Read this line again x 2.

Okie, make sure you have PST Phone Manager installed. Don't ask me how. Make sure you have Midway installed, RTFM.

Now, make sure all USB Composite Drivers are installed, and that you can see the Motorola USB Modem in your Device Manager. If you can't see it, there might be driver(s) that is still not installed. By right, when Windows asks you for the driver, it is the driver where you installed your Motorola PST, in my case C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST> . To make sure that all drivers has been installed, do the following step:
    a) Close PST Phone Manager, if it's opened.
    b) Unplug Vxxx from your computer.
    c) Plug Vxxx back to your computer.
    d) Start PST Phone Manager. At this point, Windows searches for any missing driver(s).
    e) If windows ask for driver's location, just point them to the path I mentioned above. Please skip to step G directly.
    f) If windows don't ask for the any drivers, this means all drivers has been installed, and you MUST be able to see the Motorola USB Modem in your Device Manager, very likely under the "Modem" list.
    g) You must repeat step (a) to (e) to make sure that all drivers has been installed.

Okie, set, we are ready...boys and girls. For maximum transferring experience, CLOSE ALL other applications to avoid PORT conflicts.

Step 01:
    Plug in Vxxx to the computer via the cable.

Step 02
    Open PST Phone Manager.
    (Tip: Under Settings> PST Config, I use the Auto Detect function, unless you are pretty ×××× sure of the com port, this works for me!)

Step 03
    In PST Phone Manager, Select NEW> KJava Files. A new Untitled KJaa Window appears, with all buttons disabled.

Step 04
    In PST Phone Manager, go to Phone> Read. This is to read available applications that is residing in T720. If it says the infamous "Phone not connected. Please connect and power up the phone." error message, it means PST didn't detect the phone, although you can swear by your life it's connected. It's the way PST works, you now MUST unplug Vxxx from the PC and repeat step 01.

Step 05
    In PST Phone Manager, you will see that the buttons have been brought to life! Click on the "Enable/Disable Java App Loader Menu" until you get the message right below the button saying -"Java App Loader Menu is Now Enabled".

Step 06
    In PST Phone Manager, go to Phone> Restart to restart your phone. Don't miss out this step, otherwise you can't restart your phone.

Step 06
    Close PST Phone Manager after you notice Vxxx has restarted (a blink). Unplug Vxxx from the computer.

Step 07
    Now, go to Vxxx. In Main Menu select Settings> Java Tools. You must see a "Java App Loader". If you don't see one, repeat all the way from Step 01.

Step 08
    Select Java App Loader and this message will appear: "Insert Cable Now".

Step 09
    Now, plug Vxxx back to your PC. Notice the message: "JAL Link is active..."

Step 10
    Start MIDway now. If you have started Midway before this step, you just screwed up! Hahaha...unplug your phone and start from Step 01.

Step 11
    In MIDway, go to File>Settings>. In AT Command, type the following: AT

Step 12
    In MIDway, to figure out which port to use, go to your Device Manager in your computer, look for the Motorola USB Modem>Properties> Advanced> Advanced Port Settings> and check out the COM Port Number. It should be ranging from 1-4, if not, move current devices which uses either these 4 ports to another COM Port. You must use either one of these COM ports because MIDway only works with COM 1 to COM 4. If you have problem with reallocating COM ports, try a solution search on Google. Whatever it is, it must be synchronize with MIDway's port setting later on.

Step 14
    In Device Manager> Motorola USB Modem> Properties> Advanced> you should see the text box "Extra Settings". Type in the following: AT

Step 15
    In MIDway, Using the COM port setting you got from Step 12, check the com port to use. Eg, if from Step 12, you found out you are using COM Port 3, then you should check the radio button for COM Port 3 in MIDway. The only error message you might get is "Can't Open Serial Port. Would you like to change MIDway settings?". You will only get this if the COM port you have selected is in use by other mysterious applications.

Step 16
    In MIDway, once everything is setup, go to File> Open JAD. Select the JAD file to load. Make sure you check your JAD file's "MIDlet-Jar-URL" attributes is targeted to the JAR file on your computer, not some HTTP reference. You can open up a JAD file in Notepad to edit it.

Step 17.
    In MIDway, do not use the Send AT Command, which I have seen quite a few instructions said you must send an AT command to get a "AT OK" message. I am not sure why, but whenever I did that, the JAD file cannot be loaded. So leave the "Send AT Command" alone for now. You will get a few error messages in this part:-
    i) Connecting to the phone.... [Fail]
    Your COM port settings could be wrong

ii) Connecting to the phone.... [TIMER EXPIRED]
    Your COM port setting is correct, but you probably messed with the Send AT Command.

In both cases, download is cancelled, and you should start over again from Step 01...whoops.

Step 18
    If you don't get any error commands, you should get a Download Alert on Vxxx.

Step 19
    Clap your hands and compliment yourself for this long-awaited victory.

Epilogue:

They can be many other tips/steps I have missed out, but the steps documented here is tried and worked. Make sure you follow EXACTLY what I have mentioned. "...the order is very important.. It's a little magic..."-

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  3. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

this is using a differnt programs and a windows 200 OS
    so it seems a little out of date

would it still be the same procedure with Phone Tools v3.xx??

4. brush

brush Member

5. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

any clue on how i can get those programs?

6. brush

brush Member

go back to
    http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/
    and there should be everything you need except for the compression/decompression software these should be easy to search for , look for WinAce, WinRAR, or PKWare

7. SNESdude

SNESdude Guest

THANK YOU I've been waiting to do this since I got this phone.

8. kysdad

kysdad Member

i did all of the steps correctly and my phone came up with a download prompt, but when i hit download it cancels the download. any help?

9. M3phist0

M3phist0 Guest

out of space bad file are you uploading the .jad or jar? see my sig

10. kysdad

kysdad Member

i have plenty of space on my phone and i was uploading the .jad
    i was able to upload games before but now for some reason i cant.

11. tvlad

tvlad Member

First of all greetings everyone, second, this may sound kinda stupid, but is there any way of deleting individual jave games, or do i have to delete all the downloaded ones and upload them again.

12. motodude

motodude Guest

Very easy, go to the Game&Apps menu, then select the java game you want to delete(don't run it). Then hit the menu key button, which will give you three options (Details, Delete, and Permissions). Select delete and confirm it.

13. tvlad

tvlad Member

Thanks for the info, the funny thing is i realized that shortly after posting, and fel a bit stupid for asking.

Here's another question, i was searching the net for townsmen2, the problem is i found only .JAR files, no .JAD what so ever. Are there links on how to write them yourself, or maybe a program of sorts ? cause i really want to try townsmen 2, and without a jad file it's impossible. :(

14. brush

brush Member

15. tvlad

tvlad Member

16. motodude

motodude Guest

I am guessing you have a V220. Those phones have a 128x128 screen size. So download only games with 128 screen size.

Try this site http://media.motofan.ru/java/fjava001.htm
    Note: download only 128 screen size games if you have a V220.

17. tvlad

tvlad Member

Thanks for the site, sadly i wasn't able to find townsmen2 there, if someone could post a link for a version of it for 128x128 screens, i'd really apreciate it, thanks.

18. v551noob

v551noob Guest

quick question, i have a motorola v551 and I can't my left and right soft keys don't work when i play games. anyone know how to fix this?

19. utrance

utrance Member

BRUSH .. you the man .. I have been searching for 2 hours .. finally found out my problem is with the COM # .. one of your steps actually fixed my problem .. THANKS.

20. L1lm1k3

L1lm1k3 Member

thats allot of work for nothing you should be able to put files on the phone with bluetooth atleast i was able to