1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading Save points on M3 Simply

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Janina11, May 7, 2007.

1. Janina11

Janina11 Member

I know I must be missing something really obvious, but I can't seem to load my save points in the games I ahve on my M3 simply. I can see the .sav file but can't open it. If I just load the regular game, it just starts up from the beginning (i.e. pokemon pearl)whereas in Mario DS it goes to the start menu showing my three availalbe files within the game. I thought that using the M3 simple, that when you turn it off it saves exactly where you left off. I really like this idea but can't figure out how to resume.
    It's really frustrating and I would appreciate help.
    Thanks
    Janina

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Sorry Janina but I'm afraid it doesn't do that, it saves just like any real DS game would. So Pokemon Pearl will save wherever you choose to save, or say Final Fantasy will only save at checkpoints etc.

The M3 does support sleep mode, where you can shut the lid of the DS an resume from where you were when you reopen it, but this is not a save function so you must keep the DS turned on.

3. Janina11

Janina11 Member

Too bad but at least that explains why I couldn't figure it out :)

Does the DS continue to use up batteries when in sleep mode?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes, but the drain on the battery is alot less. I leave my DS in sleep mode for 14 hours on a regular basis (the amount of time I sleep) and the battery usually survives it.