1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lobster 575

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by gtm40, Nov 6, 2006.

1. gtm40

gtm40 Guest

I seem to be having the same problem everybody else is having regarding tracing any software for the Lobster 575.It's a while since this was discussed.I have bought the cable that's supposed to be for this model,what use it is.Does anyone have any new ideas or info.

2. dr.phlox

dr.phlox Member

I brought the Lobster 575 phone today, complete with no transfer lead.

the thing with the lead is than i for one ( and possibly many other people) did not know what i was looking for, so relied on the google/yahoo search engine to find me a lead. any lead must go from the only available socket ( the charger inlet) to a usb end, to connect to the computer.

i found a usb charger lead at http://www.mobile-phone-battery.co.uk/ for £7.95, including postage....

strange but true, a couple of other site forums mention that this is the lead to get, as you can trasfer data via it, when it is on 'file manager' - page 119 of the grey user manual.

the computer should recognise it as a portable disc,much like an mp3 player, or using a digital camera.

i will have a play with the lead, when i get it and update this page further, if i don't get electricuted first.....

3. dr.phlox

dr.phlox Member

my cable was never sent, as they are out of stock, with no plans to restock.

in the end, i imported some leads fom Europe, and am now waiting a reply from virgin about the software needed. check out Ebay, as they may be on sale there, but i have no idea about the software..

4. Fudder95

Fudder95 Guest

does any1 know whereto find downloadable java games 4 the Lobster 575? im completely stuck!

5. dr.phlox

dr.phlox Member

the lobster 575 is a Korean made phone. outside this country it is know as a Bellwave neo200, so if you search on that, you may find other sites of interest. i have found this one, when looking for ringtones http://ringtones.mobilefun.co.uk/cat_bellwave_neo200.htm but have not downloaded anything.

6. Fudder95

Fudder95 Guest

thanx 4 the info about bellwave neo200.

7. tokenmove

tokenmove Guest

Is this the worst phone ever? you tell me.

You can't download real tones, you can't download wallpapers, you can't download videos and you can't download games.

So I'm asking, what can you download on this phone?

If anybody can help, then please do

8. Fudder95

Fudder95 Guest

u can download stuff but not very much. u can download all polyphonic ringtones and mp3 tracks, some rubbish games and all videos actually. READ THE MANUAL AND GET LOOKING! dunno about wallpapers though im not bothered.

(no offence about caps lock)

9. Fudder95

Fudder95 Guest

by the way i have been waiting 4 12 days 4 a cable off virgin.

10. Fudder95

Fudder95 Guest

11. tokenmove

tokenmove Guest

Well I only bought this as a temp phone while I save for a top of the range phone. Polyphonic ringtones are ok, but id rather use an mp3 track as a ringtone. And as for games and videos, ive searched near enough everywhere and cant find a single thing

12. Fudder95

Fudder95 Guest

i found a few games called Ace Trivia on a website cant remember which though.

13. dr.phlox

dr.phlox Member

Fudder95 ;- mine is also in the post since 15th jan, but i located and brought one from anothersupplier, which did not work, so i don't expect this one to work without anysoftware. i will be pleasantly surprised if it does.

hopefully if they dont, it will prompt Virgin to release the software.

the delay is because Virgin Mobile was sold of NTl/Telewest, by the Virgin group.. hopefully they will improve things now.

14. Fudder95

Fudder95 Guest

hopefully...

15. dr.phlox

dr.phlox Member

I recieved my lead today, pluged it into the phone, and into the computer, then guess what...........

keep guessing

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!

so, there are 2 kinds of lead that fit, one which will work (which is grey) and the black one which requires software.

for those who have contacted Virgin and are awaiting the grey lead, this is how to connect..

Turn computer on and remain in windows, or bring up the file manager.

Turn phone on, and close cam shell.

Connect lead to phone port

Connect usb end of lead to usb port

Open phone – the UMS connection is shown ticked.

Select ok

Select ok

The phone will then show up in your file manager.

Leave the phone open, and turned on, as if you close it or turn it
    off, you will lose the connection.

drag & drop your files as and where required.

Once completed, close phone to sever connection with your PC,
    then remove leads.

16. sadbunny

sadbunny Member

I finally got a grey cable today - covering letter dated 11/12/2006

Successfully copied some music to the Audio folder - but I get an Empty List when I open up MP3 Music Player.

Anyone help ?

17. sadbunny

sadbunny Member

user error on my part - had to add the music to the play list first - phone not that intuitive

and file format has to be mp3

still got "Brown Eyed Girl" as my ringtone