1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local Area Connection Disabled?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Gaffler, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Gaffler

Gaffler Guest

Recently my internet connection has been on the blink. And i've realized that the local area connection my modem is connected to is disabled, i have tried to enable the connection but it always seems to fail. I've tried looking online for a solution to this problem but have come up short. I have no idea what the hell is going on so i decided to join Afterdawn, to ask for help. So here I am. Can anyone possible tell me what is wrong or point me in a direction that can help.
    Thanks in advance...

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check in the device manager to see what the staus of the network card is

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Did you recently remove Adware/Spyware? Is information being logged in your system log that has to do with Network issues? Is your IPSEC service running? What was the last thing done to your system before this happened? Are you even getting a link light?

Things I would try. First I would try to run WinsockXP Fix: http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html . This is for problems after removing Spyware/Adware. If this did not work I would uninstall and reinstall the NIC. This will create a driver name with 2 but its ok. If that did not work I would try and grab another NIC and see if that one works. If the second NIC does not work then there is a deeper Windows problem. System log info is very helpfull in this case if anything is getting logged.

Good luck
    -Del

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  4. Gaffler

Gaffler Guest

its is not connected to my network card it is usb, sorry i didn't mention that.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check in device manager to see if the usb ports are ok

6. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Even though its USB my post up there is still valid. the USB device still creates a network Adapter.

-Del

7. Gaffler

Gaffler Guest

I used winsock, and it reset all my network stuff but i still have the same problem. My local area connection self disables(atleast that is how it seems) and refuses to enable. Could this be a virus or something i have scanned and found nothing. I am really just thinking of reinstalling xp. If that would be easier. Thanks again guys and or gals.

8. BimXom

BimXom Member

hi everybody,
    I'm wondering if any of you know how to fix a local area connection? whenever i use my internet the status of the local area connection have the status of limited of no connectivity.
    Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.

9. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Gaffler...sorry, did you say your getting internet through USB..?? That your first problem if its true...which I cant really wrap my head around if it is...crazy.

Edit* Do you not have a NIC so your using a USB NIC?

@BimXom, you already have a thread, dont hijack this one.

Last edited: May 6, 2005