1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local Area Connection Disappeared

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by migTMC, Jan 27, 2014.

1. migTMC

migTMC Member

Hello, I have a PC with XP Pro and everything was alright, able to connect to the internet, but then I reinstalled XP Pro and now there is no Local Area Connection icon. I have since reinstalled XP Pro again but still same problem. A friend lent me his Windows 7 disc and I have installed it on the same PC, now being able to connect to the internet.

I want to run XP Pro instead, but don't know how to solve this problem. I've followed the instructions at this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826
    but problem not solved.

Help would be much appreciated.

2. amd1

amd1 Member

Sounds like your Network drivers got removed whilst reinstalling Windows. Go to ''Device Manager'' from right-clicking ''My Computer'' and see the which device has a yellow exclamation mark. Download and install the relevant drivers (your network card brand's website) from some other device and transfer them to your PC (via USB etc.) and install them on your XP PC.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you didn't install your motherboard drivers so you may also have no sound too.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member