1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

locating copied movie on pc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DreamerDC, May 10, 2004.

1. DreamerDC

DreamerDC Guest

I just purchased DVD X COPY , I copied my first movie , but now i cant find it wher on pc do I look

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi DreamerDC,

Just copy the movie again and it will save it to the same location as before, make a note of it and you
    are home free -

Oooohh yea, Welcome to the Club,

Pete

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Me again DreamerDC, -

I forgot to add that we have a ton of cool alternatives around, many are FREE and work better than DVD XCopy - When you're ready to experiment, stop back and we'll hook you up :D)

As a parting gift and for being such a good contestant on our show I'd like to give you this little parting gift (321Gone), it's a neat little program that can be used with your DVD XCopy Xpress and rids you of that annoying little 321 Warning screen at the beginning of your backup DVD.

http://psidoc0.tripod.com/

I'm sorry it doesn't get rid on that personal information tag that 321 puts on all of your backups BUT it does gets rid of the warning :p)

Cheers,

Pete

4. pudgy

pudgy Member

hey dreamerdc,

you can also run a search for files...type in the name of dvd ... good luck

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

If he's using XCopy, it will put the file in a default location using a default name, the name of the DVD is only there if he created a folder prior to backing up the original, if he would have done that, he wouldn't have lost it in the first place -

Think of all you have learned here, he's just beginning - give him time and he'll get the hang of it -
    The thing of it is, he's not even polite enough to let us know how he made out -

Pete

BTW pudgy, you're doin good - keep up the good work :p)

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

7. pudgy

pudgy Member

Ahhhh...Shucks......Thanks.....Pete....and I can honestly say....I have learned everything from You and Nephilim...

Sher

8. pudgy

pudgy Member

I was thinking bout those lost files...they aren't lost are they...doesn't xcopy automatically delete them...hmmmm..me thinks so

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

The older XCopy deleted them automatically but the new programs can be saved to HD I'm informed - if you hadn't done anything to the program it may well be a temp file, deleted upon burning -

Again, you would find out by repeating your backup proceedure and checking your program screen, it will tell you where the file is going and give you a chance to change it's location -

After you agree to their contract, you’ll see a bar (or button) that says “Options”, that will tell you where your backup is being sent -

"P"

10. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Hey everybody, I've got the most current versions of dvdxcopy. My experince is if the burn is successful then no files are left. If the burn fails or something happenes during the burn process, then it will save the file. The way I've found it is, first you have to enable viewing of all files.

Open My Computer --> click Local Disk --> Documents and Settings --> click your username's file --> then Local Settings folder --> then look in temp folder (should be a file labeled dvdxcopy).

Hope this helps.

11. pudgy

pudgy Member

I love these forums....I have learned so much...I'd be lost with out all the help..

Thanks Guys,

Sher

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

That's a boy Flip218, that's what we're all about - and Welcome to our little Club - we teach each other -

Keep up the good work :p)

cheers,

Pete

13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, but I was thinking. That is a long way to find your files. Scuba Pete mentioned in other threads to change the destination of your temp folder. open xcopy and go to settings. look for your temporary folder, should look as follows
    C:\DOCUME~1\FREDRI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp, just change it to C:DVDXCOPY. Also, just double check about how dvdxcopy saves files. run the process, but don't put a blank disc, when it askes you to insert disc just exit out of the program. That file will be in your C: drive now. Now in your version of DVDXCOPY does it allow you to browse and open files? If, not you'll always want to delete that temp file and start your process all over. otherwise it will leave a 4+ GB file. My best suggestion, is to read some threads on DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter. I also learned of these programs after I bought not only DVDXCOPY, but also purchased DVDCLONER2. I use the combo of shrink and decrypter, but still once in a blue moon use xcopy and dvdcloner2 only so I feel like I get my moneys worth.