1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locating temp file (IFO?)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by notonline, Jan 20, 2004.

1. notonline

notonline Member

I just bought xcopy Platinum and have backed-up a couple disks just fine.

I have read other posts about eliminating the "back-up statement" by manipulating the IFO file.

Well my dumb question of the day is how can I locate the temp file Advanced mode creates on the hard drive?

I used the default so it says it is going into C: documents~ my name etc, but when I use windows explorer I can't see any files of any size. I also have done a *.IFO search on the entire drive and it comes up empty.

Is it a hidden file or is the programing blocking it from being accessed? Suggestions to work around?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

notonline, Most X copy software deletes the files after it is done. To check the files, you have to do it between the rip to HD and the burn back(when it asks for a blank disc). If you still can't find the location, make a folder and name it something like c:\movie and have X copy send the files there so its easier to find.
    Jerry

3. notonline

notonline Member

Jerry

Thanks - I forgot to say it but I am looking for it before burning onto the dvd. Does anyone know if Platinum creates as a hidden file or otherwise protects it because a search won't locate it anywhere on the hard drive?

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I have X copy Express and the files are always at the location shown by the software. Example my folder I made is c:\movie. I always know where they are going. To my knowledge X copy doesn't hide the files or folder.
    Jerry