1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lock/Unlock Havok! I just cant win!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by OHGSketch, Dec 6, 2009.

1. OHGSketch

OHGSketch Member

Hey guys.

Ill sum it up nice n quick like for yah.....

160GB Western Digital [Compatible]
    Used XBHDM set it all up. locked HD, used EEPROM file from backup DVD. said everyting was completed. put it in my xbox and got error code 6, Cannot UNLOCK HD. so i place it back in pc, and unlock it via XBHDM, it says is successful. now i place it back in xbox and i get error 5, HDD Not Locked.....

What the? if it asks for a locked HD, i give it one, then it complains about it being locked and says IT cannot unlock it, so when i unlock it myself and place it back in, it cries about it NOT being locked.....im going insane here.

I have the original HD that came with my xbox. as well as this 160GB.
    I used the hotswap method with my PC to get this far.

Could it be i have wrong password key from eeprom? i read smewhere that it can give you a wrong pass key at times.

Any help will be much appreciated.

-Sketch

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

You need to remove the advertising link from your signature. Forum Rules are in mine.

3. OHGSketch

OHGSketch Member

Ok kool give me a min to remember where the hell i do that lol.

EDIT: Ok done. did i have a LINK in my sig and did you remove it? as there wasnt one there just a min ago and i dont remember if i ever did have one. i just removed the words that was under my sig pic just incase. i made this account a while back and havent been here for awhile. so sorry about the mishap.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Cheers.

As to your xboxhdm problem we have gazillions of threads in the various xbox forums on the various errors, and there's the excellent stickied threads by Chunkhead (see the Ultimate Stickies up top of each forum)..

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  5. scum101

scum101 Guest

Guess you need to look at unicrons very detailed instructions for checking the eeprom.bin file in the eeprom reader topic.

What I think is going on is this... the drive is locking to the pc motherboard eeprom because of a fault in the eeprom.bin file name you are attempting to use from your created hdm disk.. probably Eeprom.bin or similar nonsense.. it's linux, and is case sensitive.

6. OHGSketch

OHGSketch Member

Ahh ok. i used the auto option when locking and unlocking. never typed in pw.

7. scum101

scum101 Guest

have a look at your hdm disk.. check what the eeprom.bin file is actually called.