1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locked HDD for softmodded Xbox HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by roatch, Jan 18, 2008.

1. roatch

roatch Member

Hi if anyone can help me or at least point me in the right direction that would be grate, well I had a xbox that was soft modded by my friend and now its broken (something to do w/ the motherboard I D/N but its gay). The xbox would boot for about 3 sec and then shut off it would do that 2 to 3 time then it would flash a green and red error) Anyways that’s not really my problem. I have a 400GB HDD and now that my xbox is broke I cant get anything off the HDD because its locked to the xbox. So I’m stuck

So is there anyway I can unlock my HDD w/out the xbox it was locked too or just maybe a way to get the games and everything off the HDD and put it on to a new one (I.E like FXP it another HDD)

If I forgot anything please just say and ill fill in any blanks

Thanks Andrew

2. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

Roatch,
    If I remember correctly you actually lock and unlock the HDD using a PC and a locking/unlocking program. However after saying that, you need the info that the original porgram used when locking your drive. Your said your friend did it for you. did he keep the file that was generated at the time of the locking? It will have the necessary info that will be needed to unlock the drive. I may be wrong but without that code you are basically screwed, because you wouldn't even be able to use the drive in anouther xbox, cause the drives are keyed to the machines. Ask your friend if he still has the file that has the code. And then search here about HDD swapping or locking and unlocking. Chunkhead has some great links to tutorials to fix your problem. I think there are some discussions about how to procede if you don't have the code for that drive.

I know not a lot of help, but maybe some advice on where to look.