1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

locks up dvd drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by slaw, Jan 31, 2005.

1. slaw

slaw Member

hi, I have been using DVD X copy v.3 for quite a while now, but all of a sudden when it reads the movie it won't let me open my drive to install a blank disc. Any help?????

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Another example of what happens when you rely upon a proggy that is 1 1/2 years out of date.

For a bandaid (hopefully) I suggest you try the XCopy forum.

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

Best of luck . . .

One of these days you'll have to chuck that old discontinued proggy and get something you can use without problems -

AnyDVD, DVDD, DVD Shrink, DVD2One and Nero are all good programs. I suggest that you begin to try their trial versions to get familer with them . . .

Pete

3. slaw

slaw Member

so are you telling me I need to change my software program? Maybe I have burned this one out, ha ha

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

No, I was telling you that you were in the wrong forum AND that as times move on and different encryptions come out you will experience more and more difficulty with your program that hasn't had anything done to it in 1 and 1/2 years.

I was also trying to explain that the poor quality backups that you are getting don't come close to the quality of backups of today BECAUSE as time moves on, the newer things are generally superior to those of years gone bye BUT it's nice to see you're too thick to absorb any of that -

Burn out, my ass -

Remember this conversation the next time your PC breaks down. It's far, far better to run a 386 than a crappy old Pent 4.

What a twit ~

5. slaw

slaw Member

Number ONE, first of all I am not getting poor quality backups, and #2, all I was doing is trying to get some info, and number 3, you think I am a twit, you must be a macho jerk, that thinks only his equipment is the way to go.