1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logging in problems

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Oriphus, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Having big problems trying to log in. Each time i log in and then go to post i have to log in again. After posting a message im logged out as my name is not in the thread. I then log in again and go through the same process and im still logged out. Happening at Blasteroids too.
    Thanks

2. koola

koola Guest

Thats strange? Its not happening for me, probs to do with your cookies on your computer. Is your PC deleting them as soon as they arrive? This happend to my friend some time ago, it was a virus! DO a check mate.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Give it a day/reboot or too... i'm not gettin the same problems. :)

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its sorted itself out - cool

Thanks anyway guys. Was away for the weekend in my new house on the coast of Donegal in ireland. It was great fun ;-)

5. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

I have exactly the same problem right now. It seems like afterdawn remembered my IP adress, so until I reconnected and got a different IP by my provider, I didn't have to log in again. But now I have to log in every time I want to post. Editing posts and moderation features can't be accessed. Strange. I'll try to reboot and report if problem persists.

6. tigre

I rebooted, tried 2 different providers, and 2 browsers (IE and Firebird) but still the same. I haven't changed any cookie settings and it always worked before. Strange ...

7. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

tigre: That's weird as we havent done any changes to the logging in system or the cookie detection/kicking out procedure. I'll send you email and try to solve this issue._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Petteri Pyyny
    Webmaster
    http://AfterDawn.com/

Please read our guides before posting questions! Guides are available here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/[/small]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  8. tigre

Thanks for your effort. I figured out that my firewall (Kerio) blocks cookies. When it's disabled, login works. I've replied to your email anyway.

9. Praetor

A minor suggestion.... suppose i get disconnected because my ISP is stupid hehe. This means the cookie gets killed and when i click on my emails for PMs and such it shows a page that says 'You need to log on first'. Is there anyway to automatically shuck me over to the login page? :) (I know i know, 2 extra clicks -- but im lazy :p)

10. dRD

Praetor: in v3 it does exactly that.

11. Praetor

wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-D

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

But does it direct you back to where you were trying to go - ie the PM page?

Also, a quick reply function would be very useful

13. dRD

Yes, it does :)

What do you mean by this?

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, I was wondering if there will be a facility that allows you to reply to a message without having to click the reply button. What i mean is that there is a space below the message to type your reply into, then you hit reply. It should hopefully help speed things up a bit, half as much clicking needed. I do aim to get back posting things soon :-D been rather busy...

15. dRD

Oriphus: We've thought about adding it, but decided not to implement such feature, as it would bundle two pages of functionality into one and managing two separate sets of code would be easier for us and also from logging in point of view, its easier to do by having a separate page for replying.

16. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Actualloy i used to have a top frame i made on my computer that allowed me to reply, anytime a new thread was loaded it just took the thread id and i could easily just use the reply script :) makes it pretty easy but i dunno what i did with it, probably deleted it, oh well!

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If you find it you kow where to send it. Dela, you see we got a new player today at United?