1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Login problems with Ubuntu 9.10

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by UUequalsD, Feb 26, 2010.

1. UUequalsD

UUequalsD Member

My system starts to boot into the login page the Ubuntu icon comes up and then cuts out, then chroot: cannot execute /etc/apparmor/initramfs:no such file or directory comes up and a series of other messages. Mostly saying files for apparmor not found.
    then plain text login appears and ask for my user name then when I hit enter password appears. I am able to type out my user name login but when I try to type in my password the key strokes aren't recognized for some reason. Sorry in advance I could provide any more info, any and all responses are much appreciated.

2. Hardball

Hardball Regular member

i suggest you read this:

Helped me when i went through something similar to this also the commands for AppArmor are there.

3. loood

loood Regular member

when you type password in text login it isn't showed for security reasons. thats normal. just type in your password then hit enter

4. UUequalsD

UUequalsD Member

I have typed in my password and hit enter it doesn't work. it says wrong login. I would think that the password would come up as a group of *** for the characters instead of letters. Thanks for the replies I will try what you have suggested.

5. jackbency

jackbency Member

I had also same proble but it is solved.You can also solve this as I am posting below.
    I used the config.sample.inc.php as the new config.inc.php
    I edited it setting:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'HTTP';

It means that I can login with any valid mysql user which has a password.

I created a new username with a valid password with the command CREATE USER 'user' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

And then I could login!!!

6. UUequalsD

UUequalsD Member

Yea I was able to login after messing around with it a bit more. But I expected it to bring me to my desktop screen, instead it just stays in the terminal screen and ask for commands. I don't know if its related to the error I was speaking about before or if this is now another error I have come across.

7. scum101

scum101 Guest

yet another example of screwball n00buntu nonsense..

how did you install it in the first place? .. hope you did it clean and not from windoze.. because that screws stuff up lots.

I don't get why ANYBODY would need to piss about logging in as a mysql user (or even have any on a desktop) to get to the gui desktop..#

sounds to me like people need to start at the beginning and PAY ATTENTION to what the installer does as it installs.. http://news.softpedia.com/news/Installing-Ubuntu-9-04-110794.shtml