1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G7 Gaming Mouse...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Pangy, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Pangy

Pangy Regular member

I've now gone through two of this mouse.

The first one lasted less than a year. I think maybe it got dirty, or something broke, but the left click became defective and every time I click, it double clicks. I called Logitech and they sent me a new one, free.

Now it's been less than five months, and the replacement G7 is dysfunctional as well. This time, the problem is that it seems to freeze up.

I'll be scrolling the cursor around the screen, and it'll just stop all of a sudden. When this happens, it can last for anywhere from 3-10 seconds. While the cursor appears frozen, and clicking does nothing, the sensitivity adjustment buttons on the mouse (adjust how sensitive it is to movement) still work- when I push them, the lights change on the mouse.

This leads me to believe it's not the mouse, but some kind of software conflict on my PC. I've uninstalled many games, programs, the mouse's drivers/software, and reinstalled most of it again, with no improvement at any point.

I'm hoping someone's had a similar experience, or maybe someone just has an idea of what might work...I really don't want to spend 4 hours on the phone with Logitech again. ><

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The sensivity setting will probably work outside of the PC, if the info isn't getting through, it could still be a fault with the mouse. Is there anything on the screen when you adjust it? Unless there's any visible info on the screen from the mouse during those periods, I'd reckon it's defective hardware. Unlucky to have had issues with a Logitech mouse, they're usually very good. However, I currently use a Razer mouse. You may or may not like them. The mice themselves are great and I've not heard of any hardware issues at all, just be prepared that the software is awful. I usually don't install it.

3. Pangy

Pangy Regular member

There's no on screen message when you change sensitivity. It's a gaming mouse, so I guess they left it out, so that it wouldn't disturb the game.

Thanks for the information, it helped a lot.

Other than these two mice, I've been very happy with all Logitech products...keyboard, headset, speakers, etc etc etc... ><

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yeah likewise, I've been happy with most Logitech products. Perhaps there are bugs with the G7s

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I have used Logitech mice since the first computer I had many many years ago.

I have purchased a few of the newer Logitech mice, the past few years, and I have come to the conclusion that the MX 500 was the last good mouse that Logitech made. The newer onces died within 6 months.

I have 2 MX 500's, but want to find a few more.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007