1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Playlink - fast enough for streaming video from PC to XBOX?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Corizzle, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

Right now I am burning all of my movies before watching them on my XBMC softmodded XBOX. I was looking at picking up some sort of wireless adaptor so I could stream them over my wireless network.

The Logitech Playlink seemed like a good option since it is 1/3 the price of a regular adaptor and is stupidly easy to use. The only drawback with it is the 1.5 mb/s max speed.

What I want to know is would this be fast enough to stream over typical XVID files? Or should I just spend the extra money and get a D-Link or Linksys wireless bridge?

Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

personally i would just spend the money on a good one, As you may find other uses for it. I have the Linksys.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1533893&CatId=1594
    and i have nothing but great things to say about it. I use to use it with my xbox for playing online (free systems like Xlink Kai or XBconnect) without any issues. I streamed movies and shoutcast radio with XBMC. I use it to FTP information and program updates back and forth. And i now use it for my Xbox Live with my 360. Works like a charm with any task i have given it, and comes with a disc that makes setting it up pretty basic.

Remember to set up your wireless router to have security enabled, then use that information on your Xbox and adapter to get them networked. If you do not secure a wireless connection then anyone within range can easily use it.