1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech X540 pc speakers on battery/accu mod?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by chrisssj2, Sep 17, 2011.

1. chrisssj2

chrisssj2 Member

I'd like to know if this is possible. I want to run my 540 speakers on batteries or a rechargable accu.

Im not handy or very technical, so I was hoping for there to be some nifty tools or converters out there?

I can't exactly search it because I don't know what to look for, I tried the obvious terms but no luck.

The 2 prong power into the extensio cord says 250 V 2.5 A.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

It would be FAR wiser to buy a battery powered docking station. I bought one that plugs into the wall but can run on batteries. Did you know you can easily fry electronics if you get the voltage wrong?! As batteries lose power they lose voltage. If your volts start to slip the amps increase to maintain power. The increased amp tend to burn out electronics. Battery powered devices are made to tolerate the amperage increase, can your speakers?

If you must, I bought a car jumper battery that you can plug those type of devices into it. It is heavy and expensive. It has a massive battery reserve and has a power readout so you can turn it off when the power get below 70%.