1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long decryptor/shrink/burning times

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by godhead7, Jan 21, 2005.

1. godhead7

godhead7 Member

I am currently running XP Pro, P4 2.5G with 1.5G RAM, an NEC OEM dvd drive and a Sony 500 burner. I use both DVDecrypter (newest version) and DVD Shrink (newest version) along with Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD. I have been using the same three programs for the past2 yrs with no problems.

Last week, for some reason, when ripping Seinfeld, my rip times went from and average of 15-30 minutes to 2-3 hrs. My burn times also went from 15-30 minutes to 90-250 minutes. I have not made any changes to the settings and the only thing that I have downloaded is the newest version of DVDecrypter (last Friday). After this started I ran Defrag, spybot and an adware removal program as well as checking my background processes and CPU usage (was only 2-4%).

Has anyone else had this problem after installing the new versions? If not, does anyone have any idea what could be causing it to do this? It is driving me INSANE!!

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. godhead7

godhead7 Member

Ok, tried that. It said what it should have read in that box, but I uninstalled and reinstalled them per the instruction on the link. Went to rip with Shrink and it started off at 1:48 and then slowly worked its way up to 2:16 and now is back down to 1:43 (all within a minute or so). Any other ideas on what it could be?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Have you tried ripping with Decrypter instead to see if this is a Shrink issue or another problem?

5. godhead7

godhead7 Member

Yeah, I have used both SHrink and Decrypter and have the same problem with both. I ran a Virus Check yesterday adn there was nothing. Decrypter also takes over an hour to rip a 2.2G DVD. If I use only one at a time (sometimes I run Decrypter/Shrink at the same time as I burn) it takes slightly less time, but it still takes 66 minutes to burn that same 2.2G movie.