1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long DVD backups skip at end of movie (long=mins) what can i do? suggestions please...

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by BillyZ, Nov 5, 2004.

1. BillyZ

BillyZ Member

My backup plays fine until the end of the movie then it "skips" (for lack of better word). Its not every movie it appears to be longer ones, more specifically, Man On Fire w/ Denzel Washington, and O Brother Where Art Thou, etc.
    I am using Shrink then I reauthor WITHOUT any extras or menus. I use Verbatim DVD +R 8x 4.7Gb media, and burn with Nero.
    I'm new to back-ups, does anyone know anything I can do to fix this problem? The only thing I can think of is splitting onto 2 discs or buying media with more storage.
    Please offer advice or suggestions, thanks

2. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

You should try and reduce the speed of your write. It's been stated that burning at faster speeds for dvd's will cause problems. Also, you could mostly be burning too close to the edge of the dvd.

3. BillyZ

BillyZ Member

How do I slow the write speed- should I purchase 4x media or is there a process I can do through the computer to slow it? Thanks bill

4. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

BillyZ
    Open up DvdShrink. Click on Edit, then Preferences. On where is says Target Dvd Size, select Custom and set it for 4400 MB. Then click Ok and go throught your normal process when doing your next backup and hopefully that should take of that problem if thats whats causing the ending of your movies from doing what you said they were.
    Hope this helps.

5. BillyZ

BillyZ Member

Uponthis
    Thanks for your advice it seems to have worked- after making the changes you posted I made a successful backup of "American History X", including the trailer, on one disc, WITHOUT any skipping. Before the ending would have been unwatchable.
    Thanks again
    bill