1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

look look im a junior member

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by clouser, Mar 21, 2005.

1. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

My 2 Cents:

Wow, there use to be a joke on how to make Junior Member Quick by using Safety Valve threads, but with posts in the 50 to 100+ range we're going to have to change it to;

How to reach Member Status or Higher in the Safety Valve!

I remember when I got accused of that for posting only 12 times in the testing thread and it was for legitimate reasons; animated gifs that I made and tested for other members in here when asked. I already had over 130 posts at that time, and most were there for truly helping others.

Afterdawn seems to have become more of a chat room lately, used for increasing post counts to obtain a different member status instead of actually really helping others, and I mean more then just saying, the quick one-liners that anyone can dish out, but going into depth and staying the course until their issue is truly resolved. We have set new records for posts by an individual in one thread, and yet, there was no issue resolved.

Again, just my 2 cents.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

^^^^^^^ good post

3. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Yeah, ScubaBud...I agree. Although I really haven't seen much of that going on, I do some it look alot like chatting, but when it is legimate, say trading insults, and worthy information then it shouldn't be a bad thing. But when stuff like that goes on and on, with just simple one liners as you may have seen, it kinda gets tiresome, tis better to play and joke around in the irc or through some other type of communication.

But definately agree with you on that one. BTW...hope to see ya in the irc!

;P

4. john179

john179 Active member

Hey does anybody sleep on this site like hehehehe.

5. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

No way dude!!! I know I don't!

;P

6. sljusevi

sljusevi Guest

venom x05 youre a boring son of a gun

7. wild77

wild77 Guest

Now thats funny!!!!!

[bold]ScubaBud[/bold],nice post and well put!

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have to concur with the above. I do like to chat & mickeytake a lot. Being a senior you can do just about anything. But you do have to be reasonably sensible.
    If a newbie is sarcastic, I retort. I may have been instrumental in having a few newbs banned. Saying that, they have usually deserved it, through their disrespect to members, bad language & blatant rule breaking.
    I do love the banter here. I'm an ex-mech engineer, piss taking was part of the apprenticeship. Part & parcel of life, me thinks!

Pulsar

9. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

@sljusevi

No offense, but so are you.

Tell you what, when you start helping people out in the other forums as I have, maybe then I will listen to you.

For now, if anyone wants to chat, might as well join in the irc!

http://adbuddies.ccsau.info/

See yall in there!

;)

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Quote;

"venom x05 youre a boring son of a gun"

Quantify & qualify please!

Pulsar

PS. Start on one, start on us all.

11. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Gentlemen I just saw your posts and I apologize for taking credit for what you have already said. At least you know that I agree with both of you on this! :)

It’s sort of like this:

If one goes to college, attends every class they offer but never takes a test, just talks all day in class to other students about nothing in particular, does he/she deserve a diploma? I guess that answer should be only if they took all the tests to prove that they learned what was taught in that class.

Colleges don’t give out diplomas for attendance to a student; they give out diplomas for what is learned by that student. And that diploma is the qualifier for becoming a professor with the knowledge to teacher others. So when a fancy badge is worn on your lapel, hopefully it is truly earned, not just by the number of posts you’ve acquired.

^^^^^^^^-sarcasm at it’s best! :)

Again, I agree with you Jim and I didn’t mean to steal your thunder! :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

ScubaBud's post is 100% correct. I was about to leave the forum around 6 months ago because it went down hill to the point that helping people was the last thing anyone worried about. A few other members that knew I felt this way suggested I stay a while longer with the hopes that it would get back to NORMAL. It has straightened out for a few months and now its back to which member can post the highest numbers in the shortest time again. Yes, some questions get answered but for the most part it has become a chat room with meaningless chatter. I like having fun just as everyone else does, but there are areas for that. These areas now overflow into the regular forums. Its seems like old jokes and topics keep coming back (example blockbuster trace chip). It took me 1 1/2 years to make Addict posting answers to real questions. I think I posted 3 times to the testing thread. For those that haven't noticed I hardly post anymore. I noticed members like ScubaPete missing in action more often also. I know dRD hates the title thing and I agree with him. I think they should be removed and replaced with just the members date of joining Afterdawn. If this was the case, half the useless post on here would never happen. Just another opinion for what its worth.

Jerry