1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for a 480p tv perfect for dvd, xbox, ps2, gamecube

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by apolloman, Jun 25, 2006.

1. apolloman

apolloman Member

Can anybody recommend a Tube Tv that's native resolution is 480p if not close so that the "upscaling/stretching" of the image is minimal to none? I'm trying to find one that is around 30 inches, not plasma/lcd, and Ideal for displaying progressive scan dvds, xbox, ps2, gamecube, Wii. I'm not sure, but I assume that some tv's although having a lower native resolution, they can still accept 720p, 1080i signals? Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

2. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Well I make it a rule not to recommend any type because I haven't tryed any except 1 but most will do.It's all about the same any 30" 480p is going to have the same dots per inch.

As for your second question.It doesn't matter any tv can except 720p or 1080i as well as any other resolution signal.However it will still be limited to the resolution of the tv.For instance you could put a 1080i signal into a 480p tv and the tv is still going to display that signal at 480p.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006