1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a different provider besides Astraweb

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by wheelstb, Dec 26, 2012.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I have used and liked Astraweb for a long time. But now I have noticed that a lot of the files I want to download seem to have been removed from the server.

This kind of defeats the purpose of USENET. Can anyone recommend a different provider?

I'd be interested in something with SSL encryption, unlimited service and uncensored service.

Can anyone make any recommendations? I have tried USENET server in the past it was okay. I believe that they are censored now. I recently tried Tweaknews and found it to be very slow.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any help.

2. drago13

drago13 Member

I'm using dutch providers like XLNed and XSnews and am satisfied cause in netherlands they are more loyal to DMCA.

3. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Thank you. I will have to check them out.

Right now I'm going to have to do a lot of research to figure out which provider is best. I'm having difficulty with content not being available on astraweb