1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a good DVD player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by exploit, Jul 16, 2005.

1. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

:) point dually taken~ hehehe

2. exploit

exploit Member

thanks guys for the sound advice on DVD players.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  3. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

you are welcome exploit, sorry for going so far off topic, but Denon, like i suggested earlier are KNOWN for their audio quality output from their dvd players as well~ they utilize the most advanced technology for video quality and their sound is equally as good. you mentioned you wanted something that plays "music media" as well, Denon would be a good choice to suit your needs.

yes, they are pricey, but, in my OWN opinion, well worth the money~ i've had mine for over 2 years (mine is currently discontinued) but it has yet to fail me~ *knocks on wood*

good luck w/ your decision~

4. exploit

exploit Member

"Denon, like i suggested earlier are KNOWN for their audio quality output"

sounds good! thanks

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i have 2 Cyberhome CH-400's, they were £40 or £50 each, NTSC playback, region free, progressive scan blah blah blah

(looks like the rotten tomatoes will be flinging themselves my way as mine are slightly cheaper than the others above, lol)

used to play DVD's thru the PS2 before, but don't now use the PS2 much for anything really, since the Cyberhome's came along, well apart from Simpson's Hit n' Run

6. exploit

exploit Member

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  7. akira007

akira007 Member

Anyone have the Denon DVD-1910($200) it has the DCDi processer also? I'm assuming the same as the high end ones. My older Sony WEGA XBR doesn't have digital connection so I'm really buying a DVD player for down the road. Also how much upgraded picture quality if any will I see over a cheaper progressive scan model with the normal componet hookup?

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

heres the specs on that dvd player
    Progressive Scan/Scaling DVD Player • Powered by the new DCDi by Faroudja FLI-2301 Decoding Engine • Dual, discrete 54 MHz, 10 bit Video D/A Conversion system (1) each for Progressive and Interlaced outputs) • (1) DVI-D (HDCP) Output with selectable 480p/720p/1080i output • (1) each - Component Video, Composite and "S" outputs • Variable Black Level (Setup): 0 and 7.5 IRE • Passes below-black (PLUGE) on progressive and interlace outputs • 2X DVD read speed; 4X CD/CD-R/CD-RW read speed; with 2MB drive buffer memory • MP3 and Windows Media Audio (WMA 9) Playback • Plays Audio/Video CDs; DVD-R/RW; DVD+R/RW(conditional); Audio CD-R; Audio CD-RW; Decoders for MP3 (128kbps or greater recommended) and WMA-9 (64 ~ 160kbps) CD-R/RW & DVD +/-R/RW discs • JPEG photo file viewer, Kodak Picture and Fujicolor CD compatible • Anamorphic Scaling for 4:3/16:9 Sets • Zoom Control • Burr-Brown PCM-1756, 24 bit, 192 kHz Audio DACs • Serial Remote In/Out ports • Dimensions: 17.1"w x 3.2"h x 9.7"d • SRP $269
    i have a denon and iam very happy with it .you just cant go wrong with denon