1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a NTSC/PAL player with onboard dolby decoding

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by cigardude, Apr 30, 2005.

1. cigardude

cigardude Member

Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster. :) I was wondering if anyone can recommend a DVD player that can play both NTSC and PAL discs and has a Dolby Digital Decoder on board. I looked through http://www.videohelp.com/ but did not find an option for the Dolby. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

2. fishily

fishily Member

This depends where you live...... If you are in Europe/UK almost all players will do PAL and NTSC. The vast majority of cheap players will also decode the DD as well.

So post where you are and I'm sure their will be many suggestions. Would you like divx playback as well?

3. cigardude

cigardude Member

Apologies. I am in the US. I don't need the DivX playback but won't mind of the player comes with it.

Thanks for your help.

4. fishily

fishily Member

I'm in Europe so I can't say what to get an where. But, saying that I sure one of the cheapies in your local Walmart will do DVD + on board DD. Hopefully one of your American brothers will pipe up with a suggestion.

Good Luck

Fish