1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a specific type of media.....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by venomX05, Jan 26, 2005.

1. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey all,

I wanted to know if anyone can tell me where I can get DVD-R's that have the silver tone to them and by that I mean, the ones that look identical to DVD's that you buy.

I don't really like to use the ones that I have now which are Memorex's, don't like the purple coloring on the bottom

Thanks for all your help.

2. wowzers

wowzers Member

you in Canada?

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

all writable disks have a purple hued bottom. Retail dvds are silver because they are pressed, not burned. if you don't like the ones you have now it's because they are memorex, which is utter crap, its not because of the color of the dye.

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Thanks for the info, Balaam....

Although, I have one quick question.....

How come alot of people dump on Memorex, as far as dvd burning use? To be honest, they seem to work in about every type of dvd player (not all APEX's though) that I have tried.

No one really mention the real reason as to why they are not good. So, can I have your personal opinion on it and...which ones do you use and recommend.

As of now, I play all my movies on a Panasonic 5 cd/dvd disc home theater system. I have not had one not played before.

So, what is the take on this?

Thanks for you help.

P.S. Wowzers, I didn't get an email confirmation that you replied to my post, but I have the answer for you....no, I am not in Canada, live in the U.S.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005