1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for an effective PDF unlocker to copy text from secured PDF

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by nick3, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick3

nick3 Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a good PDF file unlocker to remove password protection from a PDF file so that I can copy text from this PDF file. Actually, it was created by a former employee who has left the company. There is no way to contact him and ask for the correct password. I can open this PDF file but I cannot print or edit. Can anybody please help?

Note: We can't afford to upload this confidential file on some random site that claims to remove password security.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  2. andrews04

andrews04 Member

Hi,
    It seems that your PDF file is protected with owner password. That's why you're not able to copy and print it. You can use this software (pdf unlocker) to unlock your PDF file:
    http://www.mypdfsolutions.com/

There are some free ones too (there are lots of positive reviews but it never worked for me, :D): free PDF unlocker.

I Hope this will help you.

3. nick3

nick3 Newbie

Hello, thank you for your quick response. Yes, this free pdf unlocker works with only older version of PDF files. It didn't work for me too. I'm going to try the another program mentioned by you and let you know about the results.

Nick

4. nick3

nick3 Newbie

Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks, this PDFsolutions unlocker worked fine for me. My PDF file is unlocked now :)

5. nick3

nick3 Newbie

Thank you for the reply. Yeah, online PDF unlocking service sucks. Anyways, my problem is solved now!

6. alexstone

alexstone Newbie

I using this one: Pdf password cracker

7. SamAug

SamAug Newbie

Hey i had a similar problem, i still havent found the perfect solution, but if you try converting your pdf to text, with maybe you can then take the text out of the pdf, just like if you copy paste it. Im not 100% sure this works with password protected files, but you can give it a go :)
    regards

8. davidmoyes

davidmoyes Newbie

You can take help of third party Kernel for PDF Restriction Removal tool to remove all kind protection of PDF files. This utility supported by every versions of PDF Restriction application PDF1.5 to PDF1.1 files, including 128-bit RC4 decryption, 40-bit RC4 decryption.

9. SamAug

SamAug Newbie

hey ive been looking for a pdf unlocker too, currently using a converter http://pdftoword.pro/ which effectively does the same job, an unlocker would still be nice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.