1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for DVD Player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Xplorer4, May 15, 2009.

1. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

I am looking for a new DVD Player. I need something that will play mkv files(needs divx7 right?), HDMI port, and USB port. Hoping to find one for about $65 USD preferably. Might be able to spend a bit more.

Any good but cheap blu-rays out there that match this description?

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Geez heres is an informative response.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  4. JVC

JVC Active member

I agree with iluvendo..........

What did you expect? You won't even find a used blu ray for that price! Cheapest used blu ray I've seen was $120, and that was a POS Sharp.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

no dvd players will play mkv ..wrong container.. then need avi-divx.. you don't usually find divx inside an mkv wrapper.. more likely x264 or higher XD.. (anybody fancy inventing a name for 4320p @ 200Hz x264's.. just to confuse noobs and keep us lot in business once the win7 drm comes along)

6. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

@JVC, My fault. On the blu-ray part I wasnt referring to the $65 part, but a good, but cheap blu ray with USB,DivX7,and MKV support.

@varnull, Now I did search before starting this topic(both here, other forums and google) and most things i found were before the release of Divx 7, plus i read this new thread when it was posted:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/16783.cfm
    "Look for DivX Plus™ HD Certified devices later this year that will support playback of all DivX and DivX Plus files, as well as .mkv (H.264/AAC) videos from the Internet."
    I assumed these devices would be out by now, or is it likley the dvd players havent/wont be supporting DivX Plus™ HD?