1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Original DVDs to Purchase

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by bobr792, Mar 24, 2006.

1. bobr792

bobr792 Member

Sorry I meant Original DVD Covers in the title.....I am currently backing up my collection after a few mishaps and a few movies got damaged. While doing this, I decided I want to try to buy orignal dvd covers, not print them out. If anybody has any suggestions of where to go let me know. I checked out dvdreplacementcovers.com and they have a few I need, but I still need about 100 - 200 or so and have been searching e-bay and have found some of the.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  2. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Well, if you're talking covers for DVD cases, then just got to covers.to or cdcovers.cc and print some out on some epson photo quality inkjet paper (works great!); but if you're talking disc labels; well, you better not even think about putting adhesive labels on your dvd's because I've already had to rebackup my collection once; now I just stick with a sharpie, but still do the dvd case inserts. But, if you're talking about covers for DVD Cases; don't waste your money on premade; because I've got some dvd cases that I made and printed out with epson quality paper; and to be honest; some look either just as good or better than the original retail covers.

3. bobr792

bobr792 Member

I am speaking of the outside covers and I have started printing them out from cdcovers.cc and to be perfectly honest I think it will be cheaper to buy covers than what the ink costs. For example I bought 100 covers for $30 from a private seller, which is a lot more than what I can print out for that price. And with the dvd disc's I use the lightscribe process and I know not to use adhesive on the actual discs. Thanks for your thoughts!

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

What kind of printer you got?

I've got the epson r-200 stylus to do both disc printing and outer jacket covers. You can get the R-220/R-300/R-320/or R-340 at a store like staples/office max/office depot/bestbuy.

The r-220 is replacing the R-200 and staples may have them on clearance in your area. Sams club is where I got mine for $79

Inkcartridges at these stores runs $55-$60 for all 6 cartridges. Way too much. I got to Private.abacus24-7 for $19 a set. They specialize in Epson and Canon inks. They are generic Ink,but just as good as the epson ink. I get 3 sets at a time for a total of $55 for mine and my dad's printers. I just picked up glossy photopaper 30 pk of 8.5 x 11 and a pack of 50- 4 x 6 for 95 cents at staples. I take my empties back to staples and get $3 vouchers for each. So actually I only pay a buck per ink cartridge!!!

Epson also makes another printer that takes those same 6 cartridges,but doesn't do disc printing. I forgot the Model#,but it should be cheaper than the r series. I've got a friend with one and I can find out her model#. For those cheap ink prices,definitely worth checking into an epson printer.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  5. bobr792

bobr792 Member

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, if you would not mind checking out the model # on your friend's printer. I don't plan on doing any disc printing, I have been using the lightscribe and that does me just fine.

6. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

saugmon......how do you use 8 1/2 X 11 inch paper for covers ?

What cases ado you use ?

I'm using the new half size poly 10mm cases & the with ia about

11 1/2 inches, so I have to use legal size paper( 8 1/2 X 14 in.)

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

8.5 x 11 gloss photo paper turns out sweet.

I use the black cases just like the originals come in.Most stores like walmart/staples carry them.

Download that case cover-save picture as/if you use windows fax viewer/do not crop it.Keep it the original size.Use the highest quality or next quality down in the print settings.This is using cases just like those originals come in.Any other size,you'll have to modify the pic.

bobr792: I'll email her right away.

8. bobr792

bobr792 Member

saugmon - No biggie, take your time. Probably won't get time to get the stuff this weekend anyways........Thanks for all your help!

9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

It's the Epson RX620.Takes the same T048xxx cartridges as the r-series.It probably looks identical,but without the flip down cd/dvd printing tray on the left side.

I sent her a link to private.abacus a couple months ago.