1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Solderless Chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by thuggy, Oct 13, 2004.

1. thuggy

thuggy Member

Looking for Solderless Chip that doesn't require me opening the box that will work on all xbox versions.

2. snacbite

snacbite Member

wOw, didn't know XBOX fell into the MOBILE category. Good Stuff...

3. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

ya i was wondering the same thing i thought they had some kinda chips ta put in a phone or sumtin

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Moved.

5. xxopenxx

xxopenxx Member

So U Want An External Modchip?

I Havent Seen One Since The PS1 Days With Goldfinger Where U Plugged It In The Back And Swaped Discs.

Ur Not Gonna See One For XBOX, Because It Would Be VERY VERY Difficult...And If There Was One U Could Probably Get A Real Modchip That U Would Solder On + The Installation Fee For Less. I Would Say If Some1 Created An External One Like That, They Would Charge $1XX (Because Having A Mobile Modchip Means U Can Bring Ur Chip With U To Ur Friends House And Play Ur Backups Or Homebrews There)

But Here Is How One Would Work:

They Would Hafta Make It Connect Through The NIC Of The XBOX And It Would Need To Have A Built In USB Port Or A Slot For A Programmer(The Programmer Would Need To Be Able To Connect To Ur PC). Those Would Connect To The Mod Chip So U Could Get Bioses For It. Then To Get It To Start Up U Would Need A Legit XBOX Game That Works The Way Swap Magic Disks Work For PS2. The Disk Would Load Up And Connect To The External Modchip And Force It To Boot That BIOS Then U Could Switch Disks. Also It Might Need To Have Another Plug So U Could Network It To Ur PC In Order To Be Able To Make Backup Discs.

No1 Would Go Through All This Trouble Creating A Modchip Because There Are Plenty Of People Who Are Willing To Open Up Their XBOX To Expand Its Capabilities, And Again If Such A Chip Were Created You Would Be Paying The Same Amount Of $$$ For That Chip As U Would For The XBOX Itself.

6. squishy79

squishy79 Member

The only completely solderless chip that I know of is the spiderchip. It is fairly new, www.spiderchip.com.
    It claims to work on all versions of the xbox and is completely solderless. It does require you to open your xbox however. I am getting one soon and will let ya know what happens.

7. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004