1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for the one they call ScubaPete or equivalent

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ChasseJ, Jan 19, 2005.

1. ChasseJ

ChasseJ Member

Hello Scuba Pete,

So i started by posting this in a private message, except right before i sent this, i noticed the bold black letters that said BAN... so I said forget that soise, and put it in this forum...

So i have read some of the answers you have given other people but haven't found anything for my problem yet. My question is this, I have already bought the DVD, and I recieved a new DVD player about 3 months ago. But when i play back my brand New DVDs some of them won't play, others play but are choppy. So I downloaded DVD shrink to view through by the suggestion of a Besy Buy Tech... now on the movies I can't view after they play half way, usually give me the CRC error.
    I don't want to burn the DVD's, I just want to be able to put a movie into my computer and watch it while I am doing homework. Any old threads you can point me too, or new info you can give me??
    Thanks
    -Jason (1st time question)
    p.s. I know nothing about computer software, only how to build em...

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What make/model burner are you using? Firmware version?

What brand/type media are you using? Burn Speed?

3. ChasseJ

ChasseJ Member

Hey,
    Okay, so I am using a Samsung DVD-ROM SD 608 for hardware, DVD SHrink latest version, and Power DVD to view the DVD...
    I don't care to burn the DVD, since I have already bought the CD. All i want to do is be able to watch it in it's entirty and not being choppy....

I first try Power DVD, if it stops or is overly choppy, then I use DVD shrink to open it and playback with. Some times I get the CRC error, or can't read the encrypted DVD... Not sure what to do after this. Some DVD work fine, some don't...

-Jason

4. Nephilim

A CRC error while ripping means the drive can't read part of the disc because it may be dirty, scratched or have a bit of corrupt data on it from the factory.

Is the playback choppy when reading from the original disc, your hard drive or both?

5. ChasseJ

ChasseJ Member

Hey,
    If DVD shrink, ripps it all then it reads fine... it is only choppy when i play it straight from the DVD-ROM. Also it is highly unlikely it is scratched because I try them as soon as I get home from buying them. And i wouldn't think the DVD-ROM hasn't dust in it already only after a couple of months having it installed... though i know it might be possible.
    Any idea, if not thats kewl... I'll just have a reason to go buy a BIG TV!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  6. Nephilim

You mentioned that the choppiness from the DVD-ROM only happens sometimes, correct? If so, is it with specific discs or it it random?