1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for the Ultimate home entertainment package

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fitchy, Feb 6, 2008.

1. fitchy

fitchy Member

I can't seem to find a package that suits i don't want to go top end but can you get a home entertainment package that has

DVD player - multiregion & a recordable hardrive with a
    surround sound system.

i want the neatest box with preferably minimum cabling & hopefully one remote. Is this possible as i cant seem to find one with a harddrive???

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Sounds like what you want is a

1) HT pc
    2) surround sound system

3. indyjase

indyjase Member

iluvendo has got it spot on although depending on your current PC you could just get an HDTV tuner for your PC and hook it up to a decent flat panel TV and add a sorround sound receiver and possible a blu-ray player. This is what I have done in the last week and it looks great. Nothing quite like typing replies to afterdawn ect... on the couch from a 46" screen.....

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Lucky Dog!

5. indyjase

indyjase Member

you can get a decent THPC now for well under $1000 shop online to get a receiver and speakers as well as all cables from monoprice and a decent deal on a LCD and you are laughing for a really great system also check your local stores as well as they will bust a great deal sometimes in order to make a sale!!!!!